Romania Gymnastics thread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Who was the male coach spotting Romanian girls on UB during TF? I assumed it was Kiens, but he doesn't look like the pictures of Kiens I was able to find.
Another male coach was with them on BB, again I don't think it was Kiens.

Who was the male coach spotting Romanian girls on UB during TF? I assumed it was Kiens, but he doesn't look like the pictures of Kiens I was able to find.
Another male coach was with them on BB, again I don't think it was Kiens.
I think it’s the guy, whose name I’ve forgotten, that’s going to Belgium with Kiens

Daymon Jones, but apparently prosport never actually talked to either of them, so they may not be leaving for Belgium.

It seems everyone (gymnasts included) is waiting to see who the new president of the Romanian Gymnastics Federation will be, before deciding whether to continue or not.

Current president is pro-Dutch coaches but she is not staying on.

Daymon Jones, but apparently prosport never actually talked to either of them, so they may not be leaving for Belgium.

It seems everyone (gymnasts included) is waiting to see who the new president of the Romanian Gymnastics Federation will be, before deciding whether to continue or not.

Hmmm.
How much popcorn should I stock up on?

Looked them up. Daymon Jones was the one by beam, so who was the one by bars? Again could be Kiens but looked differently from the pictures of Kiens I found. And I can't find any picture of the whole Romanian team, coaches included.

I wonder how the old guard feels now about the Dutch coaches. 7th in Team Finals, 5th most individual finals amongst all teams, bars routines that didn’t make the gymternet weep in agony, and the first Olympic medal in 12 years ended up being a showing no one would have ever thought remotely possible 2 years ago.

I wonder how the old guard feels now about the Dutch coaches. 7th in Team Finals, 5th most individual finals amongst all teams, bars routines that didn’t make the gymternet weep in agony, and the first Olympic medal in 12 years ended up being a showing no one would have ever thought remotely possible 2 years ago.
You are assuming they are capable of objective thinking

They don't care about facts, only feelings. And their feelings definitely feel that the only legitimate success is Sabrina's success, the rest is all just stupid luck and part of a grand conspiracy to deny Sabrina her rightful place as the Saviour of Romanian Gymnastics(TM).

They don't care about facts, only feelings. And their feelings definitely feel that the only legitimate success is Sabrina's success, the rest is all just stupid luck and part of a grand conspiracy to deny Sabrina her rightful place as the Saviour of Romanian Gymnastics(TM).
What I don’t understand is why. WHY WHY WHY WHY

Because Sabrina is one of them. The rest of the Romanian elites are rando nobodies. Their parents are nothing. Heck, one of them is even an American (horror!). But Sabrina? She is somebody! She is a direct connection to the glorious past (let us not talk about what happened to achieve those results, just that is was Officially Glorious). Anyone who doesn't immediately bow down before Camelia and the gift she has bestowed upon Romanian Gymnastics is clearly a hater hellbent on keeping Romanian out of the medals.

Finally found the picture of Romanian WAG Olympic team.
Kiens is the one standing behind Maneca-Voinea, then Daymon Jones in the center and who's the third guy behind Andreea Preda?
He's their bar coach obviously, and Jones is their beam coach. Kiens was never on the competition floor with Romanian girls in Paris.
1723432044103.png

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back