Poll: Will Vanessa Ferrari or Oksana Chusovitina retire first?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

JDB

Who do you think will retire first?
  • Vanessa Ferrari
  • Oksana Chusovitina
0 voters

Last edited:
I would expect Chuso to retire if there’s no path to Paris, in which case Ferrari would be the “last” to retire because I suspect she’ll push through the selection process if healthy. But I don’t expect either to be around after Paris. Chuso has proved me wrong for 24 years, though!

Chuso will keep going as long as she can.
She is a legend and she is still able to stay relevant. She’s winning World Cup medals and making cash.

What other plans would she have at this point?

I did a little research. Obviously Chuso ranks #1 in Olympic appearances for WAG, but if Vanessa makes it to Paris, she’ll break her tie with Olga Tass and move into a tie for 2nd all-time with Daniele Hypólito. Simone would just have to hold out till LA to become the 5th WAG to make 4 appearances.

Chuso is tied for 3rd all-time among all Olympians. If she somehow manages to qualify for Paris, she’d join just 3 other athletes with 9. The record holder and the 3 runner-ups were from equestrian, sailing, and shooting. Those three sports make up the majority of athletes with 8. Aside from equestrian, those sports don’t seem anywhere near as taxing on the body, so Chuso’s accomplishment is even more remarkable than I thought.

I am always so impressed that she keeps showing up but damn, I do wish she would clean up her form so at least her gymnastics would be nice to watch.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back