Paris Closing Ceremonies

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Doesn’t sound like I missed much while I was out.

Good choice for a closing song, IMO. (and great singer)

Well, that was a fun Olympics and we still have another week, month, or year(s) for arguing the FX. I'm going to go make some burritos.

Jimmy Fallon is just weird and I don't know how or why he had a continued career after being the flop on SNL who continually corpsed.
This makes me feel better because I think he's awful. Like he sucks the ability to laugh out of my body.

The special they're showing about LA now is better than the presentation they showed during the closing ceremony.

Any hints as to what LA will try to present at Opening Ceremonies?

Any hints as to what LA will try to present at Opening Ceremonies?
Not yet, but they did talk about the importance of sports to LA, mentioned university athletics. The musical performances were part of a longer thing. It makes me wonder when Snoop Dogg left Paris because it seems like it was just filmed.

Not yet, but they did talk about the importance of sports to LA, mentioned university athletics. The musical performances were part of a longer thing. It makes me wonder when Snoop Dogg left Paris because it seems like it was just filmed.
Yeah, I don't think the US has to dwell on culture (not that I think we are uncultured but the US and LA in particular exports the culture, or at least a version of it, daily with all the movies and tv shows. Katie Perry has sung to us about California Girls as have the Beach Boys and countless other groups. But if they really want to save money cutting down on ceremony bloat has to be an obvious choice.

Yeah, I don't think the US has to dwell on culture (not that I think we are uncultured but the US and LA in particular exports the culture, or at least a version of it, daily with all the movies and tv shows. Katie Perry has sung to us about California Girls as have the Beach Boys and countless other groups. But if they really want to save money cutting down on ceremony bloat has to be an obvious choice.
They're discussing how they made the Tom Cruise part now. They've had mini interviews with athletes as well, including a paralympian. Tribute to Kobe Bryant coming up.

Maybe I’ll watch later. I have reading to catch up on too.

We only tuned in briefly and caught from the Olympic flag hand off through Billie Eilish.

My 9yr old is very familiar with the Red Hot Chili Peppers thanks to driving in the car with me, and even has several of their songs on his own playlist, so he liked that part. But apparently I’ve neglected to show him what the band looks like because he was like “why are they so OLD??” And about Flea “Why isn’t he wearing a shirt???” - to which I told him to be glad Flea was at least wearing pants/a skirt and not just in his undies. He was appalled lol.

We only tuned in briefly and caught from the Olympic flag hand off through Billie Eilish.

My 9yr old is very familiar with the Red Hot Chili Peppers thanks to driving in the car with me, and even has several of their songs on his own playlist, so he liked that part. But apparently I’ve neglected to show him what the band looks like because he was like “why are they so OLD??” And about Flea “Why isn’t he wearing a shirt???” - to which I told him to be glad Flea was at least wearing pants/a skirt and not just in his undies. He was appalled lol.
And if he's in his undies, we should be glad he's not just in a sock.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back