Paris Closing Ceremonies

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I love the Olympics but I haven’t bothered watching a closing or opening ceremony in years. We’re talking decades. I think the opening ceremony in LA 1984 is the last one I watched.

I started watching it after church...then I got bored and cleaned my room, the bathroom, and the kitchen. I hate cleaning but I was SO bored

These young kids have no idea the pearl clutching our mothers did when the Chili Peppers and their socks burst into the mainstream in 1991!
I love Red Hot Chili Peppers! Irony is my mother did too... in the 90s haha.

And if he's in his undies, we should be glad he's not just in a sock.
Good point!
Can you imagine how many pearls would have been clutched if Flea performed in a sock during the closing ceremonies? The skirt that kept opening in the wind was wild enough lol!

Am I terribly old fashioned if I think just put on some clothes? No one wants to see an old guy naked. It really isn’t cool

It's their thing, and has been since the 80s. Fully clothed Red Hot Chili Peppers would cause me to think the world is ending.
Flea and I were both studying music at the same time at USC years ago. He was always (thankfully) clothed and so odd.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back