Paris Closing Ceremonies

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

This is painfully dull.

Don’t worry Americans, you’re not too uncultured to get it. It’s just rubbish

This is painfully dull.

Don’t worry Americans, you’re not too uncultured to get it. It’s just rubbish
I'd be happy with a bonfire and some fireworks. maybe a wheel of death.

(the breakdancer out there showing who should have won the gold medal...hahaha)

Am I supposed to be impressed by a guy being able to hold a handstand for 30 seconds?

Tara, lecture voice is not your best voice.

do the athletes get seats out on the floor or moved to the sides? I am sitting here on my sofa eating pickles and having a coke and can't imagine having to stand for this. ETA: also why is SLOW the default speed for damn near everything with these ceremonies...

When the lights were still on it looked like they were being moved to the edges of the arena and just sitting on the ground there.

The arena was already packed when they walked in so there’s no room in the stands.

I wonder how much the primetime version is going to trim this down, has someone had an official timekeeper running a stop watch on how this scene has been going on cuz I want to file an appeal! (too soon?)

The band is fine and I have to say I honestly like the cameras showing the athletes having a good time or hanging out than all of the pagentry stuff.

(though the color washes are wigging the cameras out. Maybe LA can give everyone glowsticks.)

Okay, the concert has officially gone on too long also. Like good music, like it, move on to the next thing please. (apparently my attention span has suffered) but it shouldn't be a punishment to go to the closing ceremonies and have to stand around in the heat and maybe not the most comfortable clothes and watch neverending set pieces.

I don't know, maybe the handoff should come before the concert? I think I would end with a concert. And maybe have an Olympic rings "playground" so people could get their pics in. And yeah, bonfire and fireworks.

I don't know, maybe the handoff should come before the concert? I think I would end with a concert. And maybe have an Olympic rings "playground" so people could get their pics in. And yeah, bonfire and fireworks.
Yeah, I do feel the order and pacing of things has been off. I thought the concert and fireworks is last, certainly after the handoff.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back