Paris Closing Ceremonies

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

For the first time, the speeches were less boring than the pagentry. Guess I am getting old.

Better quality anthem singer than what USAG got for most days of the trials.

Oh, and Tom Cruise to dive in. Okay, pretty cool.

Ugh. I am NOT looking forward to LA.

I am not old enough to have properly experienced an American Olympics

And then she couldn't even hear them because geez, none of these "on-the-spot" interviews have been any good. They interviewed one of the women's soccer players and I swear it was word salad. And then the interview with the men's 4x100, like what did they think they were going to get out of them? Yeah, Joe over there fucked it up for us, we all suck, throw us out of the country? I don't know what kind of deep thoughts they are going to have when they haven't even processed the moment and yet they keep doing it, year after year.
That 4x100 interview was horrible - like they didn’t already feel bad enough.

Imma give credit to Tom, he is letting his age show to some extent. Like hair isn't quite like it was and if he had a facelift, it wasn't a full one.

I hope the entire LA handoff “performance” isn’t going to be pretaped stuff

Ah. It’s just a bunch of video footage to bring us to another concert.

So those looked like "regular" people but I gotta say itw would have been more amazing if they could have gotten the whole crowd chasing the flag to be former olympians. Like, I look like a soccer mom now, but nope, I'm Misty May Trainor or I got a bit of dad bod but I'm frickin' David Oliver. But well, still, at least it was cut scenes instead of 3 hours of getting from one place in LA to another.

Ah. It’s just a bunch of video footage to bring us to another concert.
Yeah the LA part is supposedly a beach party with surprise guests or something like that. I'm guessing at least Snoop since he's from Long Beach and was all over these Games?

Jimmy Fallon freaking out over Billie Eilish was also weird.

I guess the people in france are just getting to watch this on the big screen?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back