Our Commentary on the Commentary!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I still think she could have explained instead of lumping all the smaller errors together like that.

Justin Spring first used the term, "Ghost deduction,". I inferred they were deductions that four year fans can't spot or aren't visible on camera.

I think Laurie Hernandez used the term too loosely. She was referred to leg separations visible in real time as, "Ghost deductions".

I think Spring was joking, but Hernandez makes it seem like these are understood as built into the sport and not specifically delineated by a very detailed Code of Points. My biggest complaint about her is that she treats judging as this mystical thing that no one could possibly predict. Except it's all written down if you care to look. Nothing ghostly about it.

I have enjoyed Justin SO much, he is technically precise, doesn't dumb down for viewers, doesn;t give TOO much technical information to overload viewers and his genuine enthusiasm for gymnastics is engaging. I was highly impressed and entertained by him today. The men's vault final was OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD. I am so glad he was calling it. I also like that he is humble when he speaks about his own experiences. The man just LOVES gymnastics and we are lucky to have him. I am praying NBC hires him full time. But wondering of his coaching duties at Alabama would prevent that.

I have enjoyed Justin SO much, he is technically precise, doesn't dumb down for viewers, doesn;t give TOO much technical information to overload viewers and his genuine enthusiasm for gymnastics is engaging. I was highly impressed and entertained by him today. The men's vault final was OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD. I am so glad he was calling it. I also like that he is humble when he speaks about his own experiences. The man just LOVES gymnastics and we are lucky to have him. I am praying NBC hires him full time. But wondering of his coaching duties at Alabama would prevent that.
The majority of elite meets generally don’t clash with the college season so it might be possible

When he was MAG coach is was different because they didn;t usually have meets the weekends of Winter Cup. That might be the only meet conflict.
Potentially Worlds as well but NCAA season doesn;t start until January. Not sure exactly when the practices can have the coaches there.

OMG if the international feed dude says Qiu Qiuyuan’s name wrong one more time he’s getting demoted below Laurie (watching replay now). Especially because when Mahdi Olfati came up he made a comment about wanting to be sure he was saying his name right. The dude you’re concerned about but Keew Kee Yan is just what we’re going with

OMG if the international feed dude says Qiu Qiuyuan’s name wrong one more time he’s getting demoted below Laurie (watching replay now). Especially because when Mahdi Olfati came up he made a comment about wanting to be sure he was saying his name right. The dude you’re concerned about but Keew Kee Yan is just what we’re going with
I have a question. If it should be pronounced as chu chu then why not translate it as such?
Cc @Passion @IratePanda

I could have sworn in one of the previous days he called her "Kui Yuanyuan"

I wonder what languages they were thinking of when they decided the letter Q would be recognized as having a “ch” sound.

It's 2024. We have AI, robots might take over the World, and we cannot pronounce athlete's names correctly.

There is no reason for a data base that each athlete says his or her or their name and the recordings are available so that commentators can listen to the correct pronouncation.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back