Our Commentary on the Commentary!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’m going to miss her. I love her commentary. So informative. And I love the way she accurately predicts the scores. If she says a dive is getting 8’s and 8.5’s, you can take it to the bank
Yeah, they all look pretty much the same to me (unless it is a miss) but she is never confused by the scores, like, I don't know where they found the deductions! gymnastics standard commentary.

She can literally predict judging accurately every time in like a third of a second. Shes already expressing her correct reaction before my mind even registers they've entered the water. And she's never condescending or arbitrary. It's amazing

Mykayla: This vault is called the Biles, but it was supposed to be called the Skinner because I tried it into the pit one time and I only used one arm and I landed on my face, but that should be bonus points instead of a deduction. They are just mean to me and conspiring against me.

I payed attention to Laurie's commentary during the vault final. Her explanations of the apparatus, competition and form were fine. Her explanations of everything else were odd. But it's good enough for four-year fans.

That's definitely a positive then. I'm afraid I just went to the international stream.

Today was definitely better for Laurie I'd say, maybe she's been taking notice and adjusting her prep... although the "throwing a pencil at a wall vs throwing a piece of spaghetti" while giggling comment to describe blocking was........... Really something

I might be in a minority here, but I don't have a problem with Laurie. Some of her comments are silly, even nonsensical, but her enthusiasm is fun. Then again, I practice yoga while listening to my nine year-old's stream of consciousness, so maybe I'm just inured to the chatter. (Seriously, try balancing in Warrior 3 while answering a question about Victorian clothing styles.)

1722733895393.jpeg

It's called studying and preparing for a big job. It's what adults do.

It may be Stockholm syndrome setting in but I didn’t dislike Laurie as much during Vault as I have previously. Even coming right after Justin. Sure she said some dumb stuff but she didn’t irritate as much. So either she’s getting better or I’m getting more tolerant.

It may be Stockholm syndrome setting in but I didn’t dislike Laurie as much during Vault as I have previously. Even coming right after Justin. Sure she said some dumb stuff but she didn’t irritate as much. So either she’s getting better or I’m getting more tolerant.
She was better today. Less giggling and more actual commentary on the deductions or issues. I will say she gave voice to my thoughts with the very quiet "I'm so nervous for her" as Jade Carey got ready to go;)
However, I, too, am over the pencil vs. spaghetti and explaining what pike is ...

Today was definitely better for Laurie I'd say, maybe she's been taking notice and adjusting her prep... although the "throwing a pencil at a wall vs throwing a piece of spaghetti" while giggling comment to describe blocking was........... Really something
Yeah, that one made me roll my eyes.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back