Oklahoma to SEC in 2025 (UPDATE: 2023-2024 season last season in Big 12)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

cats

I have no idea whether this is a truly serious possibility, but there are several news articles about both UT and OU considering a move to the SEC today.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...c-in-potentially-massive-realignment-shakeup/

Of course everything is mostly about football in these articles. In gymnastics, I would be disappointed to see the parity between conferences drop, but having OU meets on the SEC network would be a huge win for their program - probably the best thing that could happen for their visibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah thank you…Since it was NCAA WAG I assumed that UT= Utah as there is no University of Texas women’s gymnastics team…though there should be!

Reactions: One
It’s official. OU and U of Texas join the SEC. Getting into the night session at SECs is going to be even more difficult now.

Can the remaining Big 12 teams join other gymnastics only conferences, like EAGL/MRGC, or are they stuck in the Big 12 since the conference sponsors gymnastics? 3 teams is kinda small for a conference.

Big 12 may drop gymnastics. Or heck, it might dissolve completely. They’ve been losing schools for years. I suspect they’ll become a mid-major conference while the remaining name-brand schools pursue membership in another Power 5 conference. Where that ultimately leaves the 3 remaining Big 12 gymnastics team? I dunno.

Not that I think it really changes much for OU, unfortunately probably more for Denver and the rest of the B12. Next season will be OUs last in B12.

Last edited:
Its kinda like a good natural occurring experiment will be interesting to see 5 years from now if OU “drops” a little because of more competition in SEC or does the Big 12 thrive or drop because the big program is no longer there. Or does nothing really change?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back