NCAA Week 7 February 17-21

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

irichluck21

Staff member
Defender

BIG FIVE meets!! Determines who compete in the night session of Big Ten. I believe it is the top 2 in each meet that go to the night session.

LSU v Arkansas v Missouri tri meet will also be fantastic.

Metroplex: Oklahoma, Denver, Stanford, Washington will be good.

MEET WEEK 7
Wednesday, February 16

6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT
Ithaca @ Cortland Ithaca 187.900
Cortland 184.475
Thursday, February 17
7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT
Gustavus Adolphus @ UW-Stout
Scores

Stout Stream

GA Stream

Friday, February 18
6:00pm ET/3:00pm PT

[2] Florida @ [10] Kentucky
Scores

SEC Network

West Chester @ Southern Connecticut

BIG FIVE: [1] Michigan, [17] Iowa, [22] Ohio State, Illinois, Maryland
Scores

FLO

Yale @ Temple
Scores

ESPN+

UW-La Crosse @ UW-Oshkosh
Free Stream

Winona State, UW-Whitewater, Hamline @ UW-Eau Claire
Free Stream

7:30pm ET/4:30pm PT

[7] Auburn @ Georgia
Scores

SEC Network

8:00pm ET/5:00pm PT

[13] Oregon State @ [4] Utah
Scores

Pac-12 Network

GYMQUARTERS: Iowa State, Illinois State, Lindenwood, SEMO
9:00pm ET/6:00pm PT
[8] Alabama @ [5] LSU
Scores

ESPN

[23] Southern Utah @ [19] BYU
Scores

Free Stream

[21] Utah State @ [24] Boise State
Scores

Free Stream

10:00pm ET/7:00pm PT
San Jose State, Alaska, TWU @ Sacramento State
Scores

ESPN+

Saturday, February 19
4:00pm ET/1:00pm PT

North Carolina @ NC State
ACC+

West Virginia, Ursinus @ Towson
Scores

YouTube

BIG FIVE: [6] Minnesota, [14] Michigan State, Penn State, Nebraska, Rutgers
Scores

FLO

METROPLEX: [3] Oklahoma, [12] Denver, [18] Stanford, Washington
Sunday, February 20

11:00am ET/8:00am PT

Springfield @ Cornell
ESPN+

1:00pm ET/10:00am PT

[5] LSU, [16] Arkansas @ [11] Missouri
Scores

SEC+

Eastern Michigan @ Ball State
Scores

ESPN3

Bowling Green @ Kent State
Free Stream

LIU, Rhode Island @ Brown
ESPN+

Bridgeport @ Penn
Scores

ESPN+

2:00pm ET/11:00am PT
New Hampshire, George Washington @ Pittsburgh
Scores

ACC+

2:00pm ET/11:00am PT

Illinois State @ Lindenwood
Scores

Free Stream

3:00pm ET/12:00pm PT

Brockport, Cortland @ Ithaca
YouTube

4:00pm ET/1:00pm PT

[25] Western Michigan, Iowa State, Central Michigan @ Northern Illinois
$ Stream

5:00pm ET/2:00pm PT

[15] UCLA @ [20] Arizona State
Scores

P12 Network

Air Force, TWU, Alaska @ UC Davis
Scores

Free Stream

Monday, February 21

Arizona @ [9] Cal
Scores

P12 Network

[19] BYU, Sacramento State @ [18] Stanford
Free Stream

George Washington, William & Mary @ West Virginia
Scores

ESPN+

[4] Utah @ Washington
P12 Network

Oregon State looked great. I’ll admit, I never really paid them any attention before they got Carey but they do some nice clean gymnastics. They lost but they really put it together this meet.

I feel like Utah has a lot of gymnasts with poor carriage. McCullem, Soloski, and O’Keefe come to mind. I appreciate the difficulty they show but I find their weird postures and constant wrist flicks very distracting.

The two Big 5 meets happened over the weekend. The top 2 teams in both meets qualify to the night session of Big 10.
Two surprises happened.
Michigan and Michigan State won respectively. MSU taking first over Minnesota was part of the surprise, the other part was Minnesota counting a beam fall and dropping to 3rd overall. This allowed Nebraska to sneak into 2nd which is a huge shocker as they have been in the late 30s-early 40s ranked this season and were 36th this past week.

The other surprise was 17th ranked Iowa finishing 4th in their meet after some poor vaults. Ohio State nearly broke 197 to finish 2nd.

Big 10 is going to be a bloodbath, as the Big 5 meets demonstrated. Other than Michigan clearly being dominate the remaining teams are pretty neck and neck at any given day. Minnesota has been off in their last few meets. Michigan State is looking fantastic after not having a real season last year, and Ohio State is looking the best it has in many years.

They lost to Stanford last week and ASU this week when they were the favorites to win those meets

More concerning is that they only have one away meet left and will have to counting a 196.3 road score. It’s gonna be tough to get a seeded spot with a low 196 the way scoring is going this season.

Reactions: One
Sundstrom out for the rest of the season for Denver. Achilles, of course. Staying in the top 16 will probably count as a successful season for them with this.

They lost to Stanford last week and ASU this week when they were the favorites to win those meets
Well the loss to Stanford was really just huge overscores on floor for Stanford. UCLA should have won that meet by a few tenths.
Obviously the disaster bars rotation was a killer for UCLA but from what I have heard (haven’t watched it yet) ASU was ridiculously overscored at home, with many deductions not being given to ASU athletes.

Are gymnasts using covid years allowed to redshirt? Brown said pre-injury she wanted to train for 2024, and I’m still devastated she tore her achilles again.

I’m curious what people here are thinking about the UCLA situation. I’m concerned, but the “Miss Val was a narcissistic sociopath and Chris Waller is her evil spawn” takes are grating. I have mixed feelings about Waller. On the one hand, if the team has truly lost trust in him, he probably needs to go before anything improves. On the other hand, getting rid of one person won’t change the institutional culture that let the Jeffrey issue fester and blow up the way it did.

Are gymnasts using covid years allowed to redshirt? Brown said pre-injury she wanted to train for 2024, and I’m still devastated she tore her achilles again.
Brown is unable to red-shirt, as she competed in too many meets this year, past the 30% before the midway mark of the season.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back