3:00pm ET/12:00pm PT SEMO @ [7] Missouri

Exciting week! Great meets:
UCLA vs Minnesota
Kentucky vs Georgia
Arkansas vs Auburn

Looking most forward to:
Oklahoma vs Utah
Alabama vs Florida

Alabama vs Florida is going to be on ABC proper on Saturday afternoon which is exciting as this is the first time ever a dual meet is being held there!

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.15.50 PM

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Sucks for Kentucky that their competitor had to withdraw because of covid. After the 1st week, the SEC is looking unsettled outside of the top 2. I’m super interested to see how UK look if they get an opening meet lol

I really enjoyed OU @ Utah last night, great meet with good gymnastics. Never thought I would ever be rooting for Utah but I did 😂. OU just doesn’t do it for me.

I think with OU it’s my lack of familiarity with most of the gymnasts besides Ragan, Karrie (she was on my first fantasy team the year before she transferred), and Olivia. I just really like Utah’s team this year because of Maile, Grace, Amelie, Kara, and Sydney.

Reactions: One
Oklahoma gets overscored…not that no other NCAA team doesn’t.
But in the last few years their scores have been suspect at times. The meet against Alabama was certainly that.
Levassuer and Stern are great vaulters but the 10s they both got last week were basically unacceptable,
Stern shouldn’t have gone above 9.9 and LeVassuer shouldn’t have gone more than 9.925.

I found the difference in the quality of floor choreography between Utah and OU really stark. OU was so much better.

I did find it somewhat amusing to watch Grace McCallum after her routines. She’s not quite got the NCAA screeching and jumping around like she won the olympics thing down yet.

Can anyone advise a new non-US fan with no cable on how to actually watch these meets? I’ve heard that they are often uploaded onto Youtube, but my searches have been hit or miss. Are there any accounts I should look into, particularly for full broadcasts?

Can anyone advise a new non-US fan with no cable on how to actually watch these meets? I’ve heard that they are often uploaded onto Youtube, but my searches have been hit or miss. Are there any accounts I should look into, particularly for full broadcasts?
Sure! Try the following for full meets:

Individual routines:

Last edited:
We have Florida @ Alabama on ABC Network tonight as opposed to ESPN and SECN, which is exciting for viewers and the sport. It should be accessible for those without logins or outside the US. I’ll try to post a link or two here.

I thought Utah was piecemeal overscored and rougher across the board than Oklahoma, but OU did look jittery and just not as clean and precise as we’re used to. They’ll bounce back, and I still think they’re easily top 2-3, though this team doesn’t quite seem as set-it-and-forget-it as previous squads, where you know exactly what you’re going to get each time out and that it will be clean. Whoever gave Bowers and McCallum their respective 10s needs to come forward, especially vault.

Utah seems a bit more quixotic and, like Florida, a lot rides on getting key players to nail VT/UB/FX. Seems risky when Michigan and OU have to put smaller-looking pieces together to win, but I also would not want to be on the business end of the judging on the offchance Utah/Florida do go lights out.

Last edited:
Yeah Oklahoma has a glaring weakness on vault. Beam looked unsteady against Utah with the two falls, floor exercise is not as crisp as it was without Webb in that line up. There is just something missing on FX for them. The choreography is mostly good but there is a performance aspect missing. Olivia Trautman missing in action hurts the team a great deal.

Utah was clearly the better team in their match up, still some work to do on bars, but much better than last season. Beam they should be the #1 ranked in the nation on this event. McCallum is quietly becoming an auto 9.900 and I can envision her gradually making her way towards #5 or even anchor on all events.

Michigan is still the best team in the country based on their vaulting strength. If they stick all 6 vaults it gives them an advantage no one else can really catch. Beam is still going to be a nail biter, but bars and floor seem to be sorted out.
They kinda remind me of USA from 2011-2016, super strong on vault and all the athletes train the AA. I can’t remember any team that regularly uses 5 all around athletes and 2 event gymnasts. That said, Abby Brenner could be their 6th AAer! Ultimately I do fear for Michigan that if one of the AAers goes down with injury that they will scramble to find a replacement. So far the same 7 gymnasts have been used for both meets: Brenner, Heiskell, Wilson, Brooks, Wojcik, Guggino, Morrison. I guess with only 12 athletes (Carly Baumann out with injury) the team depends on AAers.
Hopefully Vides, Vore, and Lane get some acton when Michigan faces some lower ranked teams.

Auburn was very impressive against Arkansas who were equally impressive. Once Leah Smith starts 9.9ing on her events that will help out the Razorbacks tremendously. Auburn could quietly improve to the post season and surprise a lot of people. Suni Lee is a nice 1-2 punch with Gobourne. But their underclassman are also exciting.

These two blogs generally put up ways to watch including free streams of meets.

Thanks! I’ll probably stick to archived meets for the moment for simplicity’s sake, but it would be nice to watch some meets live at some point. The sheer volume of meets is a touch overwhelming when you’re used to elite competition schedules, heh!

Thanks! I’ll probably stick to archived meets for the moment for simplicity’s sake, but it would be nice to watch some meets live at some point. The sheer volume of meets is a touch overwhelming when you’re used to elite competition schedules, heh!
Many colleges have livestreams for free…albeit often without commentary. The coverage is not the best in terms of what is shown and camera angles but it is better than nothing.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back