History of the Gymternet

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I remember Marco! That lad was impossible to disagree with. I remember wondering if it was a real person or a troll. Wasn’t he in love with Khorkina?

Reactions: Bob
Yes it was good fun. Unfortunately few boards were able to replicate that. GGMB was just abusive and wwgym’s off topic forum was mostly a propaganda arm for American left wing cultural issues

Yes he was, Queen Khorkina, the only name he managed to spell correctly, every time! I really dislike her so I had a LOT of clashes with him 😂

Oh yes Nicole Harris supreme world champion. That was around the time of Parkettes Cleaning Lady too.

Was the Wwgym troll y’all are talking about the same guy as TCO? I think one of them posted about his hobby as a troll stirring up trouble on various websites and manipulating people.

TCO and Builder were not the same person. I think Builder may have eventually morphed into Tobias.

TCO is the one that posted he liked to start flame wars.

I’m fascinated how many forums there were that I never knew of! My first and only pre-WWgym forums were the IG forums and I only migrated here when IG let them crash for months on end and eventually removed them. Other than that, not sure if Aunt Joyce’s Ice Cream Stand from the pre-TSL years counted as gymnternet, but I would go there for to find competition videos/series that weren’t posted elsewhere.

I was still a student and I was in charge of the computer center of the school when I used to login to gymnet chat which was a very fun place to be. I remember Bikebloke, Mike Corfan, Sezi, Wombat, Sparkle from Canada, Honeybuzz from Ireland, Orange Arrow, Birdie and Yvonne from the USA, Manca, Rusty and of course Dragos who passed away. Dan the British guy also helped me a lot with computer stuff since I was kind of new to computers. Gymworld eventually swallowed Gymnet’s popularity.

When I was in Europe I could meet a Moroccan lady who was living in Holland and went to France to see me, she was from Gymworld, and I also wanted to meet a lady from Cyprus who also lived in France but our meeting could not take place since we got lost in Paris and could not see each other, she was a smart and gifted person. I did my best to promote this beautiful sport in my home country and I even funded some attempts but I got really frustrated with all the administrative mess and government apathy. I wasn’t banned from Gymworld but I simply stopped posting there and when I checked the board had disappeared. Those boards were cool because you could actually speak and befriend some of the gymnasts.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back