Gymcastic. Thoughts?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

That’s right up there with those guys taking about the full body turns in komova’s eyof

It’s frustrating that some of GymCastic’s mistakes seem to be getting perpetuated on the gymternet. I’ve seen a few posts (not here) erroneously stating that the US men were 4th at the Tokyo Olympics and I’m guessing that’s because Jessica repeatedly makes that mistake.

I like their current focus on world leading scores but they got the FX leading score wrong this week and misattributed it to Jones. Now the (I think) world leading score was a ridiculous overscore (14.6 for Jessica Gadirova during nationals EF), but if you are going to include domestic scores then you should include all of them.

Mistakes aside, I am very glad that they corrected their neglect of early 2022 European meets and had a team at Euros.

Last edited:
It can be very frustrating when you realise that this is Jessica’s actual job. Like, do your research!

She’s also too political. I mean, I’m about as pro-gay rights and pro-choice as they come, but even I cringe at some of the stuff she says. It seems like no-one is allowed to hold a gymnastics meet in a red State without having a contemporaneous LGBTQIA+BLM Planned Parenthood prayer-circle/apology session alongside it.

Last edited:
When she tried to get a soundbite from Cintia Rodriguez (Rodriguez) at 2017 worlds about something happening in Spain regarding and island or something and Cintia was just like “girl, bye”

Rumours on Gymcastic, apparently …!

Last edited:
Oh boy. I hope not.

Last edited:
Jessica alluded to Konnor leaving elite twice in the World Championships preview.
So she/they must have some other knowledge?
It was not “she’s injured” but rather “Konnor has left elite gymnastics…for now”. Then later on, Jessica stated that Douglas is returning but unsure if Douglas is getting in shape or actually doing an elite comeback. Then she the said “Do you guys (Spencer and Kensley) think Gabby is coming back because she just wants to be in shape for opportunities that come up in an Olympics year or do you think she actually is like 'OH, Simone’s not back yet, Konnor just quit elite, why don’t I just give this whole elite gymnastics thing a shot again?” Then Spencer said “it could be both.”

So the first statement was Konnor is done with elite for now. the second statement was Konnor just quit elite.

🤔 🤔 🤔

Last edited:
So, did Konnor actually have an injury that forced her to withdraw?

Last edited:
So, did Konnor actually have an injury that forced her to withdraw?
I think this did happen because she was all but locked onto the team, especially for needing her for beam alone. If she was injured but capable of doing beam I do believe she would have been named for the team.
However, if the back injury was pretty bad, which it might. This might be her saying, I am done with elite and rehabbing to head to LSU next year in tact.

To be honest, I feel like the culture is shifting to the point of USA level 10 and elites having the end goal of NCAA rather than Olympics. Especially because now you can do both, but also more importantly, you can make money as an NCAA athlete now.

Last edited:
I just listened to this weeks Gymcastic and it absolutely does sound like Jessica is sure she’s quit.

Last edited:
Given the source, I admit I am taking it with a fistful of salt

I don’t know that I would be surprised by the news, but it sounds like a lot of conjecture and not a lot more

Last edited:
It’s really not a good thing for Gymcastic when you don’t think you can trust them. All the past drama is my reason. The hyperbole. Do they want to just be Gymnastics Gossip?

Last edited:
Back injuries are the real deal. I hope she’s not done though.

Last edited:
Since Gymcastic is the only source for this - and they’re obviously not reliable - I wouldn’t believe she’s leaving elite for good unless she says so, especially given that she posted quite recently about how excited she is to return for next season. tbh I wish Gymcastic had said nothing

Last edited:
To be honest, I feel like the culture is shifting to the point of USA level 10 and elites having the end goal of NCAA rather than Olympics.
NCAA allowing people to make money is a big deal and may well be a terrible thing for Elite gymnastics, since people can receive similar fame and income while choosing the easymode of the sport. Unlike other college sports, NCAA gymnastics does not prepare the athletes for higher tier continuation of the sport, thanks to the laughably low amount of difficulty required to get 10’s.

Last edited:
To be honest, I feel like the culture is shifting to the point of USA level 10 and elites having the end goal of NCAA rather than Olympics. Especially because now you can do both, but also more importantly, you can make money as an NCAA athlete now.
100%. College gymnastics is taking the world by storm… the marketing is good… the kids love it. Elite is a giant ball of negative… many kids want nothing to do with it anymore.

Last edited:
I’m not sure how I did that yellow highlight thing… but that is what I was quoting.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back