Gabby Douglas Comeback Thread

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Here’s my take. Keep in mind this is just my theory—I have no inside information on this.

Based on her past history of non-payment to previous gyms, I am guessing that she was in arrears a significant amount of what was owed to woga for training/fees/etc and woga laid down ultimatum - pay by x date or we are not taking you to meet. She thought they were bluffing (assuming her name would be important enough to them to overlook money owed) and called the bluff. They weren’t bluffing and refused to take her. She stated well then I’m leaving , but found no one else was willing to train her for publicity alone and came back to woga with what she owed (or at least a portion).

Here’s my take. Keep in mind this is just my theory—I have no inside information on this.

Based on her past history of non-payment to previous gyms, I am guessing that she was in arrears a significant amount of what was owed to woga for training/fees/etc and woga laid down ultimatum - pay by x date or we are not taking you to meet. She thought they were bluffing (assuming her name would be important enough to them to overlook money owed) and called the bluff. They weren’t bluffing and refused to take her. She stated well then I’m leaving , but found no one else was willing to train her for publicity alone and came back to woga with what she owed (or at least a portion).
Please don’t piss me off.

Does Gabby have a history of non payment? Or was it her mother?

This is bizarre. Gabby's "past history of non-payment to previous gyms" boils down to one dispute between Excalibur and Gabby's mother back when her family was poor. They say they allowed her to train there at little to no cost which they considered a loan but Gabby's family moved to Chow without attempting to repay.

From what I understand, the rumoured point of contention with Chow was a simple case of neither party being able to agree on financial terms when renegotiating after the 2012 Olympics, when she was earning much more money. A non-issue.

As I said a few pages ago, Gabby has been training at Woga since summer 2022. If there were any financial issues, they surely would have come to light much earlier.

Judging by that video, it seems Gabby is going for another 8-skill routine:

Healy + Ling + Jaeger 0.2
Stalder full + Downie + Pak 0.3
Chow 1/2
Double Layout

If she manages to perform this routine at the very best of her ability, it has the potential for an astronomical e-score.
Even if she doesn't make the olympic team, I hope we get to see this routine in competition at least once.

I think we previously determined it was a vulcan mind meld and not the rules of acquisition. Please return to the great material continuum. :cool:

Maybe the drama will get her more sponsors. I’m always for gymnasts making more money.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back