Fujitsu judge support system question

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Ms Motts

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post here. I recently joined although I have been lurking for ages and have learned a lot here.

Does anyone know how the judge support system will be used at the Olympics/was used at Worlds last year?

Is it an integrated part of the judging available to all judges? Is it just for appeals, or just to support the D score determination, or can any judge use it to see if, say, a leg drops below horizontal on an L turn. I’m so curious, because I have read that it will be used, and seen the demo video on what it can do, but I haven’t seen anywhere how it will be used.

The use of the Fujitsu Judge Support System still remains limited. The Superior Jury determines when JSS will be used and it's purpose is to resolve inquiries or disputes between the apparatus supervisor and judges.

Here is a pretty fascinating article on the subject that contains some examples on how it was used at the 2023 World Championships.

Thank you for the article! That was exactly what I was looking for but couldn’t find, and it answered my questions well.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back