Welp, now that the season is done and the memory is still fresh in my mind. Thoughts about next season? It is obvious that we are somewhere in the OU dynasty timeframe. Not sure if we are at the beginning, middle or end. I dont see OU coming back to the pack for at least another 3 years. We still have the COVID years in effect and we do have the Paris 2024 interlude next season. I am going to assume that all contributing/core seniors are going to come back for 5th year. Of course that may change and we have seen Koulos finish at Michigan. Based upon how the season has ended and watching all the competitions this is what I think next year:
- OU - Really only lose Trautmann, solid class coming in and until otherwise proven, they are team to beat.
- Utah - I think its only Isa that they lose, looked great all year. Need to focus on that vault rotation
- LSU - pains me, not a fan, but the pain of this season will pay dividends next year, unless they have another injury ride. Any team with a Bryant-Finnegan-Arenas 123 is going to be good.
- UCLA - Im not too sure about this, Chiles and Marz are gone but otherwise have a solid core. I dont know who they have coming in significant and again, they need to have vaults.
- Florida - I think Florida, UCLA and Michigan could probably all swap here, yes Trinity will be gone, But still a ton of talent and they showed they can compete without her, maybe not championship level but close enough.
- Michigan - Losing Heiskel and Wojcik (sp?) is really going to hurt, and given how dependent on all-arounds Michigan seems to be, a total question mark on who will and can step into those two 9.9-10 guaranteed routines.
Wildcards - Alabama, Cal, any other teams? Alabama was pretty young this year and inconsistent in post season. Cal looked amazing most of the year,
Last edited by a moderator: