Figure Skating Thread (Olympic Spoilers/Discussion starting at post #16)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

The difference is really the half-life of the drugs in question, as well as the specific performance effects of each. Also I am sure WADA would like proof of the reasoning behind the no fault decision, which is really something that would need strong evidence as back up. If they’re really going with the “Valieva accidentally took her grandfather’s medications on a day wherein she needed to perform well, at a time when she was recovering from a serious respiratory infection,” they need more than anecdotal evidence.

I think he means catching himself with his arms when falling, especially backwards, which can lead to a broken bone. (Basically falling on ice isn’t too different from falling in the gym)

Reactions: JDB
I like Nile’s Youtube/Facebook challenge videos but gosh almighty, the glottal stops (?) in his accent make it rough for this poor american to parse what he is saying sometimes.

Ironically the opposite’s true. People post their arms when they’re not comfortable falling. Skating falls probably felt unfamiliar for NIle at first.

Last edited:
If there isn’t a women’s skater to hype, yeah. Nathan Chen got lots of hype as did Evan Lysachek back in the day. Evan even got a “rivalry” with Johnny Weir.

The US women are on the outside looking in but the men have a chance so the focus goes to them.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back