Figure Skating Thread (Olympic Spoilers/Discussion starting at post #16)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

This isn’t the first time there have been questions about Sotnikova’s drug test. Several years ago (around the time of the McClaren report, I think) it was being discussed that her sample was in a tube with scratches–which indicated possible tampering. And really, she was shockingly improved that year.

While that year I felt like Sotnikova was finally living up to the potential she always had, and subjectively felt she out-skated Yu-Na on that day (Sotnikova had a spark to her performance while Yu-Na’s felt flat to me), I sadly wouldn’t be surprised. It would be too bad as she had the potential anyways, she didn’t need to dope.

The bios of the US mens skaters. I know thoroughbred racehorses with less accomplished parents 😂
IMG_4312

IMG_4313

IMG_4314

Truth, it’s crazy

Edit- went to check if Carreira and Ponomarenko were also skating there just to add to the list, but seems we don’t get to see them for a couple of weeks

Last edited:
Truth, it’s crazy

Edit- went to check if Carreira and Ponomarenko were also skating there just to add to the list, but seems we don’t get to see them for a couple of weeks
The US also has Anton Spiridonov whose parents both won the Nebelhorn, although not with each other. He won with his first wife whilst she won with her first husband is the father of US skater Maxim Zavozin 😂

I wouldn’t call this “first world problems” because it’s not the first world. But seriously, who schedules the figure skating Grand Prix from Omsk to clash with a televised for first time, recording of the Gala from the rhythmic Grand Prix.

I swear whoever controls the sports broadcasting will be like a master of sport for handball or something
IMG_4330

IMG_4329

It’s absolutely inexcusable that the medals haven’t been awarded.

Minor or not, Valieva was caught doping. Excuses or not, it is unfair.

Strip the gold medals from the ROC and call it a day.

It’s absolutely inexcusable that the medals haven’t been awarded.

Minor or not, Valieva was caught doping. Excuses or not, it is unfair.

Strip the gold medals from the ROC and call it a day.
If minors can be tried as an adult they should be stripped of the gold. I agree.

Kaunas, Lithuania hosted the European championships this year. Attendance was great. And the exhibition was very... European.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back