FIG newsletter on New Skills

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

It’s right up Tisha Volleman’s alley, pairing nicely with that fugly 2/1 turn in front attitude.

Yes and it allowed jumps and not just leaps.

I wouldn’t mind if they adjusted the CR to require both be B+ but to allow the second element to take off from 2 feet.

They should also add “complexity and creativity” as another artistry requirement for a mixed series, with either 0,1,3 given.

Finally a skill we can all do in our living rooms. We should do a 1.101 competition, everyone performs, everyone judges

They’re probably doing this because they are sick of seeing ugly hop fulls with leg at horizontal (or maybe because they have to do something with the ones that fail to be at horizontal but aren’t exactly nothing), but I agree, this is exceedingly easy.

I mean, Athens FX finals gave us Moreno with a switch leap to cat 1/1 and Cheng with a split leap to hitch kick as their dance series.

Probably preaching to the choir here, but dance-acro series >>>>>>>> leap passage 🤮

When are they going to admit that the dance passage does NOT create a large flowing pattern, but rather makes shitty chassés virtually compulsory?

Sashay Away Drag Race GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

So I am all for both types of connections- they require different technique when well connected. That said, I don’t find linking running steps or multiple chassés to be convincing connecting steps. Dance combos should be more directly connected.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back