Florida becomes 1st school to start gymnastics booster program

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

cuuf

A good sign for the strength of women's college gymnastics. UF will now require booster fees that are specific to gymnastics, in order to purchase season tickets and seating will be based upon point priority derived from gymnastics specific booster donations. Only men's football and basketball have similar requirements. These points will also provide access to purchasing post-season tickets too. Other schools obviously have general booster programs that can support gymnastics but not ones that are segmented to the gymnastics program. Premium seating will require a $500 donation per season ticket, general seating will require a $50 donation per season ticket. Again, good sign of the demand for womens gymnastics that UF feels demand can absorb this and a sign that gymnastics programs might become revenue neutral to athletic departments!

I gave a bunch of money to Cal men's gymnastics, and continue to do so.
I can sit in the front row whenever I want!
When it comes to the men's NCAA, more people need to do this or sooner or later they won't have any seat.

Good for them. Not so much for the people who don’t want to spend an extra $500 lol.
$500 per seat! So if you have 2 season tickets, that's $1,000 just for the privilege of forking over money for premium seats.

I could have sworn Georgia/Suzanne did this before. But not 100% sure. They had a strong booster program with Yoculan, which is part of the reason why Durante struggled because she was not in good favor with the booster club.

We used to live 45 min outside of Athens, and I would take my son to a UGA meet and pay 10$ for a ticket at the door and he would sit in the inevitably empty seat next to me for free.

Now, we live 2 hours outside of Gainesville FL, and I don't risk showing up without a ticket. It usually costs 30$+/ticket for nosebleeds, and I have to buy them a week in advance. Add the gas, the parking difficulty... it sucks putting in all the work when half the season pass seats are empty.

Hey, in one way, its a good thing to complain about versus a school cutting a program, right?

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back