Chinese Nationals

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

And DD gets 0.2 if they’re both flight on the high bar.

Yes, a lot of them make contact with the the bar on their hand sideways and then, as they initiate the next forward swing, clasps onto the bar. Is this what you are seeing too? I don’t have the most technical background so I’m not sure if this is what you’re describing/seeing. Tang and Fan are certainly most secure in their fwd pirouetting

Edit: Li Shijia just won beam with a beautiful routine. She seems a little more into her choreography here

WAG BB EF Results-
  1. Li Shijia 6.3 15.033
  2. Lu Yufei 6.0 14.766
  3. Tang Xijing 6.0 14.466
  4. Wu Ran 6.0 14.3
  5. Zhang Jin 5.9 14.166
  6. Guan Chenchen 6.2 13.7
  7. Qiu Qiyuan 5.9 13.6
  8. Sun Xinyi 5.8 13.366
scoring doesn’t seem particularly egregious.

Last edited:
a lot of them make contact with the the bar on their hand sideways and then, as they initiate the next forward swing, clasps onto the bar. Is this what you are seeing too? I don’t have the most technical background so I’m not sure if this is what you’re describing/seeing.
I think we have the same idea. The lack of pressure through the shoulder they’re turning on leads them to be loose/wiggly in the turn and they end up finishing off center/balance and out of handstand, or like you pointed out, having to adjust the free hand upon regrasp which is more troublesome with eagle/invert grip.

In contrast, YYL, even past her prime, had amazing 1 arm piros. Rarely more than a tenth on handstand position I assume, judging peeps? She starts applying shoulder pressure as she’s rising towards handstand which is why I think she was so consistent with them in her career.

It’s really hard to judge these bar routines front on. Especially with how wiggly their L grip turns are. I have a feeling they look less bad from the side.

If anyone wants to join in, or wants to add in E Scores and ND’s (I cant find them), let me know!

Thanks for the explanation, Blake! I totally see that

And thanks, Doug, for the spreadsheet! Gonna complete what I can later tonight 🙂

I’m seeing a healthy 0.3-0.5 overscore across the board.

This was a particular gem:

I had a 7.7 (and I only took 1’s for her rings). Somehow this got 8.566 E!

I’m getting notified that I need to request access. I requested before your last comment–I’m assuming you saw?–but I’m still getting that notification

Edit: I also just got a 7.7 for Tang’s beam lol. She’s better off doing a double full dismount if she keeps eating her knees like that

Last edited:
Did something happen with the bars final? I cannot see how this routine came second:

I had it in 6th. And 3 tenths behind 5th.

Has anyone else mentioned this? I mean I know I can sometimes be a few tenths out but the placing here is all wrong.

I thought Luo Rui was the clear winner here.

In fact - in all of UB, BB and FX, I had the 2nd place finisher in 1st, and the 1st place finisher in 2nd!

Last edited:
I’m seeing a healthy 0.3-0.5 overscore across the board.
It’s like a rebate for the previous years of harsh domestic scoring lol

Luo Rui’s routine was very nice but shaposh to gienger is a combo I could live without seeing for a couple years. I think FYL was the rightful winner. Her routine is short and succinct, but her performance looks like that of someone who’s planning to peak two months from now. I’m still not into her dismount.

Li Shijia - Balance Beam Final

Acro

1 x E (double pike)
3 x D (front tuck, side aerial, aerial)

Total Acro DV - 1.7

Dance

1 x E (switch ring leap)
3 x D (split ring leap, split ring jump, split jump 1/2)

Total Dance DV - 1.7

CV / Series Bonus

front handspring + front tuck (B + D, both forward acro) = 0.2 CV

switch leap + split ring leap + back handspring stepout (C + D + B) = 0.2 CV + 0.1 SB

aerial + split ring jump + Korbut (D + D + B) = 0.3 CV + 0.1 SB

Total CV / SB = 0.9

CR

Dance Series - switch leap + split ring leap
Turn - full turn
Acro Series with Salto - front handspring stepout + front tuck
Acro Elements in Different Directions - aerial, back handspring stepout

Total D - 3.4 + 0.9 + 2.0 = 6.3

Deductions

front handspring step out
  • (bent knees) 0.1
front tuck