British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I disagree. Let me guess, you deducted 0.3 for the step on both landings right?

That first one was still in the 0.1 region, I feel.

And there’s nothing to deduct for artistry, in my opinion, btw. That’s a great exercise in terms of dance and performance.
[IMG alt="1,000 Likes, 36 Comments - Emily ✌️ (@flipflytumble) on Instagram: Rebeca Andrade E Score Analysis

I got 0.8 lower than what she actually scored. Those landing deductions add up 🫣 Let me know what you think 🤔 Please be respectful to all

Video..."]https://gymnaverse.com/uploads/defa...17fed7d71fd3c1ab647149de1f75b66670.jpeg[/IMG]

ETA instagram links don’t work. try this without the space:
https://www.instagram. com/reel/CkbS4ktDbco/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Flipflytumble, a Brevet, has a 7.3E. Looks like the 8,1 was way too high. I had 7.7E.

Last edited:
Sorry, one judge on Instagram doesn’t outweigh a panel of 7 brevet judges. This is what I feel about the deductions in that instagram

Depends on judge’s angle
  • leg separation on the double layout 0.1
Reasonably debatable:
  • 0.3 for the step after the first pass. I took 0.1.
  • 0.1 for complex choreo. I feel like there are some passages that clearly “require practice”
Heavy-Handed:
  • 0.1 for flexed feet on all four passes. Is this that judge on YouTube obsessed with deducting for flexed feet? When people judge like this, I want to scream.
  • body position on the first leap
  • 0.1 for an extra small step on the 3rd pass.
WTF
  • 0.1 Lack of fluency… Huh?! THIS constitutes a performance of the entire exercise as a series of disconnected elements & movements???
Give back 0.8 of those and it goes from 7.3 to 8.1.

Intuitively, this exercise should not be a 7.3.

Last edited:
Is the Amanar even worth doing anymore? Literally no one is going to do one at these World Championships. The D score advantage was much bigger back when the US could have a whole rotation of them.
It’s worth doing only if you can do it really well and that’s how I feel it should be. A good Amanar with a step will go 9.4-9.5 as long as you don’t crunch it. A DTY has to be really spectacular to break 9.4.

Speaking of improvements…

During my time with the sport:

How it started (1996)

How it’s going (2022)

Torvill and Dean have often spoken of how important funding was to their success. Pre lottery funding, it was their local county council who effectively had to put them on the payroll of the sports and leisure department so they could receive a salary! After their retirement, there was no further funding for British skating and look where it is now, barely making Olympic qualification

Last edited:

Interesting enough article in the Times.

There was a quote from Scott Hann that stuck out from me
“Our vaults are incredible,” he says. “If we can increase [the performances of] three gymnasts on the vault that will give the US team a run for their money over the next few years.”
Since we’ve seen footage of a Kinsella amanar, does this mean that more gymnasts will be trying for Amanars? If so, that would be an odd strategy as it’s no longer the 2012 quad and VT isn’t even GB’s worst event?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back