British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The Aylesbury coaches don’t have the technical know how to successfully coach bars at this level. They just try to copy what others do. They’re winging it.

Senior elites yes, I think they had some juniors and espoir before (some which made GB or English squad), the Gadirova’s are their most successful gymnasts (they’ve been there since 2017, but did stop for while before joining). Then Ondine moved last summer around the Olympics time

Well that music is super familiar, LOL . Added a nice bit of drama at the ending.

Adorable, too.

Reactions: Dex
Since WHEN did the GBR WAG team become a vaulting team?!

Three in the top 9?!

Last edited:
Vault actually was GB’s best event in Tokyo as well: they were 3rd highest in TFs on all but beam, with the biggest gap between 3rd and 4th coming on vault. That said, Simone doing her usual would’ve pushed them into 4th.

I feel like they are about the same on vault. It’s just more noticeable with Russia not competing and with Canada, Brazil, China, and Japan all losing 1 or 2 good vaulters in recent years (Off the top of my head — Olsen, Barbosa, Liu Jinru, Murakami/Teramoto…)

Looking at Jen and Jess side by side, you’d think that Jen would end up being the better of the two on floor, right?

Hmm, Jen had more technical content but messy landings, and Jess gave a better performance. Both look like future stars there, but Jess impressed me more.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back