British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Haven’t seen any instagram post or stories from girls showing they are at lilleshall, so the trials must be tomorrow/Friday or have been delayed

I would not be expecting her to do AA probably a couple of pieces.

Yes it has been an insane time:

Who’d have thought National Mourning Guidance for gymnastics would be a thing.

I seem to remember other selection meetings happening on Sunday evenings. Their office will be closed on Monday so I guess it depends on how formal the internal communication is. If it’s just Colin phoning gymnasts then it could happen Monday afternoon (or be brought forward to Sunday) and the paperwork could wait until Tuesday.

The Gadirova’s and Ondine are at lilleshall so the trials must still be happening, but it’s most likely that the communication and appeal days will be changed

Who’d have thought National Mourning Guidance for gymnastics would be a thing.
I am actually fairly impressed with the sanity of it though. No need to postpone or cancel anything, maybe build in time for people to do a thing if they want. I doubt I’d quite contain my eyeroll if I were at the Clacton on Sea under 5s championship or similar and they felt moved to play the national anthem, but it could be much worse.

Gymnasts seen at lilleshall/world trials: Gadirova’s, Ondine and Ellie
Definitely not at trials: Claudia Fragapane

Hopefully we’ll get a picture to confirm everyone who’s attended (or BG could actually have some transparency but that probably won’t happen)

Last edited:
That’s interesting about Claudia. She said she rushed her recovery a bit for CWG, and clearly isn’t A team now, so maybe worlds was never the aim.

I’m not certain that Claudia is continuing judging by the reaction of her team mates after her floor routine in Birmingham. It very much felt like a last routine

I feel like it definitely was her last ‘major’ competition. I think she might do the English and British championships and possibly some world cups depending on how she’s doing health wise

I eyeroll the anthem at the best of times! I agree, sensible advice. BG also haven’t felt the need for Twitter silence and are still celebrating competitions and posting news.

Last edited:
From Notts gym:

Interesting if it’s “events” plural. I wonder what for?

ETA: found this, gymnasts have selected for Team England for the Leverkusen Cup. (). Can’t imagine the Gadirovas were in a trial for that, but also can’t imagine that GMF, Ondine and Alice wouldn’t be at worlds trials.

Last edited:
Interesting if it’s “events” plural. I wonder what for?
I guess there’s Mersin and Worlds as well as this Leverhusen Cup.

ETA Paris as well. There’s a lot about to happen!

Last edited:
Nominative registrations

Paris: Jennifer Gadirova and Poppy-Grace Stickler
Mersin: Ruby Stacey and Ellie Downie

They are also for the Northern Europeans which isn’t until November

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back