British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Can’t imagine any other team, unless Ellie has her 2017 form (and/or her Cheng) back.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just can’t see them wanting to deviate from that unless their hand is forced. Even if Ellie had the Cheng I’m not sure that would be enough.

No I think she’d have to be back to peak form. Those five have VT, BB and FX covered, and Alice and GMF have good bar routines with Ondine having a solid third routine there.

Last edited:
Btw did we discuss Ellie doing the Cheng and DTY into what looks like a mat in the pit in August?

I don’t think Ondine’s bar routine is anything approaching solid, and very much hope they water the difficulty down, but otherwise agree.

I don’t think Ondine’s bar routine is anything approaching solid, and very much hope they water the difficulty down, but otherwise agree.
They should absolutely have her work the Double Tuck dismount. Focus her energies on the interior instead of trying to save up for a Full In.

As we expected, it’ll be the Euros team

The only real questions would appear to be over whether Ondine waters down her bars, whether they still want to use her in TFs anyway and if Jen willl have vault back or will focus on BB/FX only.

Last edited:
Huge question for me is whether GMF will double full her vault. If so, and if she can hit all 4, she could be in the top two AA.

I just don’t want any last minute injuries or switches. This is clearly the GBR A Squad and any replacements will significantly reduce the quality of the team.

I would love to see them medal again in TF. Although realistically they’re probably 6th ish in the world right now (not including Russia). Qualifying to TF won’t be a cake walk.

Do you think? I would only have said there was the US and probably Italy who were definitely better than this GB squad at the moment. Potentially China too provided they aren’t all full of injuries and the actual best team is chosen rather than a political one, neither of which is a given. Brazil possibly, although they have even less depth. Germany will be weakened without Bui and Japan have lost a lot of key players since last year. France have potential but again I wouldn’t say they were better than GB. I can’t see 8 teams beating them short of disaster.

I would have thought USA ITA CHN BRA are all certainly ahead of GBR.

That would put GBR in 5th and I can see them finishing 5th if all goes to plan.

But you have the 50/50 chance of some kind of meltdown which could put them behind one or more of JPN, FRA or GER.

Hopefully at least 8th and into finals should be relatively assured provided no meltdown.

We really need the China team first. I certainly agree they have the potential, but we don’t actually know what level of self sabotage they’re going to engage in. Not sure about Brazil either, that could go either way. But I would also agree 5th is realistic.

China will be interesting to see if they try to get some vaulters/ floor workers or just screw it and go with all FTYs and stack bars and beam.

I would say that right now it is clearly the USA as the top team, with China, Brazil, and Italy fighting for the other two medals. Italy losing Asia is going to hurt them. The next tier of teams who can upset for a medal would be France, Great Britain, and Beligum (with Derwael). Germany, Hungary, Spain, and Australia, Netherlands should be on the hunt for team finals but I don’t see any of them being a challenge to the medals. Japan is a completely new team with little experience, so they could be 6th in team finals or finish 13th or 14th.

I read somewhere, I think reddit, that the rumours amongst the Chinese fans are that at least one FTY would have to be counted.

Given the various injuries, I don’t think it would be the worst thing in the world for them to take the L on vault rather than risking people trying to bring back DTYs so close, stack the team on bars and beam and try to shore up 3rd. They’d really like to secure Olympic qualification this year because of the Asian Games clash, although I suppose a Chinese B team should still crack top 12 in 2023 if it came to that.

Just randomly saw this. Jen doing Jess’s beam choreography on the floor at 1:10:40!

I still can’t believe they didn’t credit either the split-straddle or the switch-switch1/2. No dance CR given. Really really harsh.

Last edited:
Did you put the right timestamp? I’m seeing Jessica on beam

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back