British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

At the conclusion of MAG, this was GBs most successful Euros ever.
Is Max aiming for worlds? It will be very hard to drop one of these 5 for a team if he is.

Last edited:
I worry about James. He’s not a spring chicken. These injuries compound if you don’t address them.

I miss this routine from Jen. Jess stole her tumbling passes!

It was a lovely HB podium but sad to see him be the only team member without an individual medal.

They gave this a 5.7. Which of those three do you think they downgraded? I would think the most likely is the Switch Full, but I gave it in real time.
In real time I would have also credited the switch full. I would have downgraded the Gogean. When she lands her feet are facing the far corner in front of her, rather than 180 degrees opposite in the direction from her takeoff.

They don’t make them like him anymore.
Agreed. Enthusiasm without shouting. This is us celebrating GB’s WAG team silver at 2010 Euros (a stunning achievement at the time). He was very generous and shared our delight.

I’ll forever be sad that he didn’t live to see GB’s success in Rio.
I sorely miss Barry as well. Those two plus Christine in her calm era really were the dream team.

The current bunch commentated Euros qualifying on iPlayer. It was a stark contrast between the first couple of subs and the final one and was quite reminiscent of the “old” BBC commentary.
I suppose they knew only actual gymnastics fans would be watching Latvia and Turkey at 8am and they didn’t feel the need to be OTT.

Ellie Downie and Ruby Stacey on the normative list for Mersin World Challenge Cup - both are trialling for worlds so this is definitely a back up if they don’t make the team and can be change accordingly

Last edited:
Oh wow, I really didn’t think we would see Ellie again this year. Looks like they are both going to do AA, though maybe what’s in the provisional won’t be what happens in the end.

Very curious to see Ellie’s current level.

Reminder of the selection dates for worlds:
Selection meeting 18/09/2022
Internal communication of selection 19/09/2022
Appeal window – 19/09/2022 to 21/09/2022
Public communication of selections on or after 25/09/2022

Wonder if any of this will be delayed by the official mourning period and the funeral bank holiday? Some crazy things have been postponed this week but I suspect they might just delay internal communication until Tuesday.

Last edited:
Selection meeting on a Sunday seems odd. If they are not sticking to normal office hours, they may well just carry on as normal.

Very curious to see how she does here. I’ve been wondering how her rehabs going.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back