British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I have no idea, what ever she chose to compete would have to out score the top contenders for the team

There isn’t a MAG thread is there? Joe Fraser posted on instagram late yesterday:

He’s apparently injured and can’t do AA. Personally it doesn’t sound like he should be doing any events, although of course that’s up to him and his team.

They literally could have combined session 1 and 2 together. Weird how its 8 gymnasts in subdivision 1 and 7 gymnasts in subdivision 2.

Actually they could have been fine with 2 subdivisions. Just add a few individuals to the final subdivision.

Last edited:
Surprised nobody’s even trying a cannonball or similar. Kelly has done two vaults in the past, I thought she might want a go. Maybe they think the team competition is going to be really close and want to focus on that.

Beam could be a spectacular rotation for England or a complete disaster. Thankfully, it’s 4 up, 3 count so they are allowed the cushion of one disaster.

Last edited:
Reactions: L_R
Perhaps they are short of judges again. For MAG they only had three active events and were rotating the judges between events as the gymnasts rotated. It made for a 3.5 hour long last subdivision (including medal ceremony) because there were two full teams on each event.

Reactions: L_R
It’s the same tomorrow. Vault judges go to beam, and bars to floor. I guess the problem is not having two judges from the same country on the same event. There aren’t that many countries competing in gymnastics at the CWG, and a number of them are very small federations or don’t usually compete independently outside the games. For example, according to the FIG site, Jamaica and Sri Lanka have no WAG judges.

Maybe the next series of Gym Stars will also include the euros and world championships

What I meant is that they could have combined them with other groups. For example the lone gymnast from Cyprus can be in the same rotation as two full teams. Since it is 4 up from each team, that is 8 athletes. Add one more and there are 9.

It’s insane there aren’t enough judges to judge this meet properly. Insane.

It’s not there are not enough judges. There are more than enough to have full panels. Now that the assignments are based more on FIG and LOC collaboration, the number has been reduced due to financial costs. in the last decade, there would be four events simultaneously running with 2 D (A panel) and 4 E (B panel). To bring in so many judges for an event that that has all but a separate TF it can get very costly - especially when the number of athletes is low.

I’ve been wondering this. The line judge flag is going up from the end of the floor judging row. I don’t how they are seeing the far two corners. There doesn’t appear to be a camera facing along the far end and I doubt they are using the automatic detection system at this comp.

I think that as in past recent world championships, the line judging is done from over head camera. I remember in 2017, there was only one LJ on the FOP because of the camera placement. The other LJ was on the judging podium and had use of camera.

Good to know, thanks. I was wondering about overhead cameras today but it was tricky to spot them.

Poor James. I hope we have some MAG who can still walk by worlds 😬

Wonder what the plan is for Euros given Joe and James are both injured.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back