British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Anyone know when we’ll get the CWG subdivisions?
Should be soon.

Very disappointing that Cyprus, India, and Malaysia aren’t sending any gymnasts. Also no Malta, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago which is too bad because they have some up and coming gymnasts that could use more international experience.

Is there a roster available?

India and Malaysia are very disappointing. Malaysia missed Asian Championships as well (and will miss Worlds also as a result), don’t know what’s going on there.

Surprised about Jamaica given two of their Pan Ams team live in the UK, but they have just competed this week so maybe that’s why.

Where did you see that they can’t afford to buy four matching leotards?

Probably reddit. There have been some daft takes on there.

On the money point, obviously things are still weird in the world at the moment so it’s hard to draw conclusions, but it’s easy to see how the need for everyone to attend a world cup or continentals before going to worlds may be harmful to CWG going forward.

Finally got to the end of what was a very boring season of gym stars, but it looks like next season is already filmed and it looks much more interesting as will show Jennifer and Jessica preparing for the British championship and follows Phoebe and Amelie in the US.

For those wondering, Liz Kincaid was not seen or mentioned in this series.

Maybe this leo with sleeves will a competition leo, not sure how I feel about it

*Enter Sandman intensifies*

(For non-Americans/non-college football fans/non-Virginians, those leos are close to the colors of Virginia Tech, whose football team has the famous entrance to Metallica’s Enter Sandman, complete with 66,000 spectators doing the “Hokie Jump”.)

Last edited:
I think the term is “edited out”. haha

I agree the whole series was a snore fest. Too much emphasis on 12 year olds and their girlfriends going on dates and everybody fangirling everyone else. And the challenges were just dire.

All the coaching was very Whyte report appropriate and some of it felt very detached and emotionless and camera careful. They obviously all got a message after the last series.

Oh and apparently Amelie was solely responsible for winning the Bronze medal at Tokyo.

The rhythmic girls and club were the exception I felt. I really enoyed watching them working and competing. It didn’t feel scripted like the rest.

Alice Sumner is so annoying, I’m glad she is gone.

I’m disappointed that there is no more acro. I enjoyed watching that club and gymnasts the most.

They need to go back to what they did the first couple of series when Phoebe and Amelie were up and coming juniors. If the Academy doesn’t fit the bill at the moment then they need to look at other clubs. Cardiff seems to be on the up, it’s local enough to the production and ticks the BBC’s regional representation boxes.

Ondine going for Paris - from this I see the euros team being the worlds team

The Euros team will for sure the worlds team, unless anyone is injured or someone suddenly busts out a huge unexpected and unbeatable score on one event or something. There simply isn’t anybody else with the scores to make it.

Wonder if she’ll do a new floor routine

She’s being doing vaults into a pit and also some tumbling on a track (and some mats) but that’s all she’s posted

And she wasn’t near either team this year? I guess she’s shooting for a vault berth at Worlds?

I wonder if she could make the Worlds team with a safe Cheng

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back