British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think Jessica said in her post that hopefully she’ll be there supporting, so they’ll probably both be there just not competing

Last edited:
I guess their long term aim this year is worlds. Which is around 2 months out from Euros, so doing all 3 might not be possible anyway.

Yes. I think most of us felt that trying all three was too risky and the safest option would be to do one of CWG and Euros then go and prep for worlds, but it’s interesting that the two with the ability to potentially win multiple golds at a home CWG and thus increase their commercial opportunities have decided against it. With CWG being such a weakened field because the continentals are worlds qualification, gymnasts of the calibre of the Gadirovas wouldn’t have found much competition there. If they want to test themselves out, Euros is the much better opportunity. And that looks to be what they’ve prioritised.

I saw this on Reddit, with upgrades who knows what’s going to happen at Worlds

Last edited:
100% accurate.

I do think Worlds will be United States, Italy, and Great Britain for the team medals.
China is China and could contend but they are still weak on vault and floor. Who knows about their consistency.
Belgium and France shouldn’t be too far off either.

Last edited:
So they are doing more trials after naming the CWG team? On the subject of trials, are they going to continue posting scores from trials after last year or will it be forgotten now no one is making a fuss about it?

For Worlds, I think you’ve got to make China a favourite for a medal at least, they might not have a great recent record in team finals, but on paper they have a good team. For all their relative weakness on vault and floor they should be far stronger than GB and Italy on bars and beam.

Doubt they will post any. Unless of course it’s forced to be again.

Re trials, Ondine is in the picture, so presumably making run at both. I’m stalking social media trying to see if I can find a group picture anywhere. No luck so far.

Last edited:
With China, it’s as much about whether they’re going to start actually sending their best team again. I’ve not been watching closely enough to know how likely that is.

That said, surely not even they can be so self sabotaging they make it three misses in a row, in these circumstances?

These are girls who were at the trials. I assume that’s Jennifer and Jessica is using her commonwealth trial score (along with English and British championship results)

Last edited:
Do you have a link to the vault training video? I couldn’t see it on instagram or twitter.

No Alice in that photo, although it’s possible she’s using her CWG trial scores I suppose.

Last edited:
There’s a video Becky Downie posted of her doing a Ricna 1/2 - Ezhova - Shap - Hindorff kip cast Ricna - Pak

She could have won bars this year.

Last edited:
It worked for me and I am not logged in. But I ended up making an account last year attached to my dummy gmail account that i give out when i don’t want people to have my real account. I really don’t wanna insta but I like seeing the gymnastics videos so you gotta do what you gotta do…

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back