British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Well, your guess was pretty accurate, other than no Gadirovas. Actually, that’s interesting that neither Jess or Jen are on the CWG team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob
Kelly Simm continues to amaze and make teams.

England should be the one to beat with Canada not sending Black, Stewart, Olsen.

Australia could give them a run for their money though, especially if Ondine and GMF get out of whack and start 11.5ing all over.
I am guessing GMF, Ondine, Kinsella AA and Simm and Frag are specializing depending on Frags routines?

Hmmm…maybe this ends up being a competition after all. Is Australia’s Georgia Goodwin the frontrunner for AA?

Has Euros team been announced? Can we deduce it from the CWG team?

Can Ellie vault?

Definitely Jess, Jenn and Ruby depends who would want to both. Maybe Ondine she’s doing college gymnastics next year so might want to take the opportunity when she can

Jess and Jen for sure if both are healthy.
They may want to save Alice, GMF and Ondine with a home worlds coming up fairly soon after both.
Glad to see Fragapane back again. She’s around a fairly impressive length of time herself.

Not that I know of. She has shared footage of herself doing the Dos Santos onto a mat, but vaulting seems a huge ask so soon after a significant injury. I don’t see her being at Euros.

Obviously both Gadirovas will. If I were betting, I’d say Alice too, they always seem to send her out for AA at every event regardless of any injuries being carried.

For CWG, maybe we have a competition on our hands! It’s interesting, England haven’t won anywhere near as many team titles as they really should’ve.

Ellie was tumbling on a rod floor on the Dos Santos video. Rod floor+soft landing=I doubt she’s remotely ready for hard landings.

Ellie can be relatively clean though. A Double Arabian and a Double Full, and some leaps and jumps. I bet she could put together a half ok floor routine.

Reactions: L_R
Jennifer has been selected as a reserve

Reactions: L_R
Going to be a very interesting team competition. I think this team could be beaten.

She can be nice on floor but I agree with you re: the other pieces. She doesn’t have a good line. But I think it’s just her body, I’m not sure how much better it could be even with a lot of work.

Quite possibly. Can’t see BG taking much interest given their newfound minimum D score focus though. Got to make sure any competitive number arrives via a 7.8 in execution.

Frags could have a better line, but her posture is horrific. Her sway back should have been addressed years ago.

Jennifer as alt is interesting. Did she utterly bomb selection, or is this a matter of “one of the Euros competitors has to be alt, and you’re willing to compete if you have to but would rather not, so we’ll name you alternate.”

I think that would depend on how they do at CWGs. If any of them manage an individual medal then yes

Yeah, if nothing else I can’t see that the others all did AA even. It looks like she’s down to step in if they need her to avert disaster, what with being down the road anyway, but doesn’t actually want to compete. Which is interesting in itself actually. The Gadirovas seem to have gone down the route of gymnastics rather than profile.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back