British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yeah, I don’t think they have the numbers to have two full teams really, unless they are happy to send lower scoring gymnasts for the experience.

Scotlands CWG team has been announced, so I don’t suppose it will be too long for the Welsh and English ones to follow.

So no WAG team for Scotland, just two individuals. They were 5th in 2018.

@Gymfan93 @Bob
I would think Ruby Stacey would be in the running, right? She was 15th at Worlds last year.

Was she at this selection camp? Is she injured?

I think they’ll announce the Wales team tomorrow. Then the England team the next day as that marks 50 days till the games.

I am very surprised they aren’t sending a WAG team I mean the travel costs are minimal.

One individual. Louise Christie does Rhythmic Gymnastics.

The announcement on Scottish Gymnastics’ site explains that they nominated a full team, the additional gymnasts being Cara Kennedy, Crystelle Lake, Emily Bremner, and Eilidh Gorrell, but Team Scotland only selected the seven due to limited quota places. They have requested extra places from the Commonwealth Games Federation.

I don’t remember seeing her in the picture, but that was just one camp. She also pulled out of English and British champs, though, so I don’t know if she’s injured or what.

IIRC she injured her ankle during podium training at the British.

Oh that sucks…she did so well at Worlds last year I figured she might be a team player this year, able to work any piece where the team needed her.

The Whyte Review with be released on Thursday

Last edited:
The appealing process ended on the 6th
June, however I found this:

Might be the reason why the team hasn’t been announced yet

Last edited:
I wonder if they will announce on Thursday to try to deflect from the report? /cynical.

Wales is apparently Wednesday, so surely must be this week.

Reactions: Bob
Eh. The Whyte review is probably going to be mainstream news anyway. It’s not going to be covered up by a mere team announcement. If anything the review would bury any bad news in the team announcement.

GB coaches and parents are being briefed ahead of Thursday and clubs have already received an email with information about how to respond to the report when it comes out.

BG have had the report for weeks to allow them to ‘plan their response’ ie. cover their backs at the top. I feel smaller/ lower clubs will suffer more in comparison to the bigger more elite clubs. There will always be parents willing to sacrifice their kids on the alter of success.

Apparently the report is really really bad. It is going to be a really hard time for anyone invested in gymnastics in any way.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back