British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Don’t know, I’m seeing discussion of that elsewhere though. Maybe the GB women are secure in 6th place after all!

Looks like not! I don’t think you can go from athlete to coach to athlete

They are very, very lucky Italy is so depleted, but I think 5th is absolute best case scenario.

They are, but even then I suspect GB would need to hit. Villa is a massive loss, but Ferrari is coming into form.

Ferrari has never looked better on floor. I couldn’t believe the videos that were emerging from Doha(?) and now PT

Can you link them?

What’s your score? I’ll do the same.

So the PT video of Ferrari on FX only included the first two passes and the leaps that follow.

Okay so I actually have 8.0 for this but she can land the whip + full-in much cleaner.

I had 7.8 (artistry 1). HE2CDDDD1C = 5.8 = 13.6

I had Simone (14.9), Jade (14.1), Jordan (13.9) and Grace (13.8) all beating this.

In all likelihood a high 13 will make EF.

We could see someone like Grace or Jordan come top 8 in the AA and in multiple/all events and still not make it out of prelims.

Last edited:
I haven’t been able to bring myself to post regularly since the board went down so I’m way late to the discussion.
I don’t know any details from BG, I’m not British but I have watched Becky many times in training at intl competitions as a coach/judge. And what I have observed was a gymnast very concerned with herself and very intense, many times close to tears. Making/not making her bar routine/connections was always the no 1 focus…I don’t know if this maybe was only exhausting to watch and the coaches/teammates were not bothered by it…but to me the whole situation seemed very draining.

But even apart from that I totally understand any team that refuses to bring a non-AA gymnast with this format unless the non-AAer is a super reliable gymnast with super consistent routines.

I desperately don’t want to jinx her.

But this would have been the top qualifier on floor if this hadn’t happened:

A clear 3 tenth balance check. Put that down to a 0.1, and she gets a 14.233…

TOUCH WOOD TOUCH WOOD TOUCH WOOD

Last edited:
I remember seeing that and hoping it wouldn’t take her out of EF. I’d forgotten quite how bad it was. All the fingers crossed.

This floor final has potential to be amazing, that’s a great top eight but I do think that Jessica’s routine has the best mix of everything you need in a floor routine. Still wish Jennifer had also qualified but I don’t know who’d I’d want to lose. I suppose Listunova is my least favourite but then it is her only final.

Yes, sort of. I think Becky was treated badly, but I don’t think she could have done this. I just wish they hadn’t basically wrecked her.
And of course I feel very bad for Simone. But excitedly hoping the Gad twins have a lovely career. They are a joy to watch.

Does Alice now have the full set? She wasn’t senior in 2015 Worlds right?

With Gadirova’s on the next quad, I can see GB staying in the hunt for bronze.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back