British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

This✍🏻is✍🏻what✍🏻we✍🏻like✍🏻to✍🏻see!!

Maybe they’ve all inherited this awful condition her brother had. Horrible.

It’s so sad. I wonder what this means for the sisters going forward and if they’ll decide to continue…

I wonder how long it takes to get something like that diagnosed.

I wonder if BG would shell out to get people tested privately for things like this? I’m not particularly referring to this situation, but more in general. Just wondering, if world class athletes needed testing for serious conditions NOT related to gymnastics (but impacting their training), should/do national bodies pay for private diagnostics?

It might depend on how unusual the condition is. There is private cardiology and clinical genetics available in the UK. But generally because the pool of people using it is so small, the more niche a condition is, the less likely there is to be significant expertise available outside the NHS.

eta- this particular one seems to be one in a few thousand. So probably there would be non-NHS providers. Also I feel I’ve heard more about young people and athletes having heart problems recently, seems like a footballer keels over on the pitch every couple of years.

Last edited:
You’d think UK Sport would fund this where there was clear and direct family history?!

I’m super bummed about this (and kind of confused?)… Cal is such a good school and also has a way more watchable team.

This just happened correct?

Maybe they offered Morgan, Skinner’s spot since she is retiring from gymnastics after the Olympics

She never signed a letter of intent. Ella Cesario, Jordan Kane, Mya Lauzon and Madelyn Williams all signed in the traditional November last year. Abby Scanlan signed just this past May, which makes me think that’s when Cal knew Morgan wasn’t coming.

Last edited:
Maybe she got a better scholarship offer? More stipend or something?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back