British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Loving that leo
207663197_971762220032485_4158778032780426806_n

GB has officially announced GMF and Jake Jarman as the reserves for the Olympics.

So GB aren’t sending a full reserve team in case of covid related shenanigans? I wonder if it will be just the US doing that.

So GB aren’t sending a full reserve team in case of covid related shenanigans? I wonder if it will be just the US doing that.
Well given the difference between the trials Covid-wise (empty gym in Cardiff v 22,000+ in US) - I think that the US may need a full 2nd team.

OT but I wish that the guys would wear biker type shorts to compete in. It just seems to me it would give them a nicer line, and also would help keep their briefs from showing when they’re upside down. Oh well. 🤷‍♀️

Back OT, it’s disgusting that Becky wasn’t even made an alternate/reserve/replacement athlete. 😡

Last edited:
China and Belgium must be very happy. Fan and Nina are practically guaranteed to make the podium, as is Suni. I’m not sure there are any others who can sneak on without mistakes from those three.

According to this very reliable Twitter source, we’ll know around July 2

“chn gym NT will name the 4 person main teams + 2 alternates for the main team. 2 individual gymnasts will be named & the number of alternates for those individual spots TBD”, not exactly sure what this means about the alternates for the main team lol

geez where are u getting 8.5. I had 9.2 when I posted earlier today, which is what I had last week too XD

I took flexed feet for all the Inbars. And feet on the final tap. Pike down on the dismount. Body shape and angle of catch in the pak. Then all the usual.

Too harsh?

I had in real time
.1 for bent arms on Komova II catch
.1 for Pak angle of completion – but your still pic shows perfection
.1 for bent arms on Van Leeuwen catch
.1 for bent arms on inbar 1/2
.1 for bent knees into Healy
.1 for bent arms on Jaeger catch, .1 for lack of height
.1 for dismount pike down (imo this is nit-picky)

I feel like we need to contact a brevet judge to settle the inbar foot thing. A former IntlGymnast user named Jorge who is a brevet judge never used to deduct for flexed feet on them. I’ve never once deducted for them, because then why the hell would anyone compete them instead of a toe-on? Biomechanically, I don’t think any human beings long enough torsos/arms to be able to clear the bar without flexing their feet. We’ve never seen a single inbar without flexed feet. Some are able to flex for less time–Melnikova’s feet are pointed on the way in, but she flexes quickly as she comes out of the shape.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back