British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think the squad girls are mainly using the English as a warm up for the Welsh Open which is a Euros trial.

Last edited:
English Junior WAG results:
  1. Abigail Martin 49.700
  2. Tiegan Trafford 48.350
    Jemima Taylor 48.100 (Guest - Wales)
  3. Ema Grace Kandalova 48.050
  4. Poppy Blair 48.000
Then a bit of a gap back to 5th. I don’t know juniors, but with the selection meeting for Junior Worlds scheduled for today, three of the above seem like good bets to make the team.

MAG U-18
  1. Winston Powell 78.800
    Reuben Ward 78.750 (Scotland)
  2. Alexander Yolshina Cash 78.100
  3. Jonas Rushworth 77.200
  4. Zion Aserie 76.540

Yes? Plenty of ex elite athletes work as PTs and physios. When I lived in London the gym I went to had a couple of Olympians working there. It wasn’t a big deal, they are just normal people Doug.

I was surprised Tiegan Trafford only a reserve. She usually comes in second to Abi Martin.

I think Abi should go she is the standout for that year group. Am I right in thinking they only send one?

Last edited:
oh thats great for some reason I thought EYOF was one place only.

Probably confused with the Youth Olympic Games, which does limit to one entry per country.

Or at least it did previously. They’ve probably changed it and I missed it. Consistency is for losers.

Reactions: Bob
A small update on the Welsh Championships/Euros trial this weekend. The non-Welsh gymnasts are listed on Gymdata, so there may be some hope of scores for the trial.

Probably confused with the Youth Olympic Games, which does limit to one entry per country.

Or at least it did previously. They’ve probably changed it and I missed it. Consistency is for losers.
The last time a YOG was held was 2018. The 2022 version was cancelled due to Covid so 2026 is the next summer version.
3 more years for them to change things.

Welsh Championships is happening at the moment. This is one of the GBR WAG Euros trials.

Assorted scores so far from gymdata (some of the D scores aren’t matching other reports so take them with a pinch of salt):

Downie: UB 6.3/14.55 BB 4.9/12.85
GMF: VT 4.6/13.8 UB 6.0/14.15 BB 5.8/14 FX 5.1/13.15
Kinsella: UB 12.35 BB 12.25 FX 12.15 Bad day
Achampong: VT 14.35 UB 5.5/13.1 BB 5.7/14.25 FX 5.3/13.35
Jenn: BB 4.7/11
Stickler: FX 5.5/13.15

Edited to correct score mistakes.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back