Anyone know when (or if) Hristakieva (BUL) competed this vault?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Oh yeah. And if I’m not mistaken it did get credited in prelims. Can’t think of anyone else who did it though. Nobody who’s done the Cheng since it became commonplace competed the Mustafina on the way, did they?

Wasn’t there a FIG scoring update that stated that it’s impossible to vault any piked twisting vault so all piked twisting vts were credited as laidout until EFs when Mustafina and Nabs were credited with the piked version that was .4 lower which allowed Alicia to win(thankfully)

Oh this information is great! Thanks)

If you guys up to it, I (well, honestly asking for a friend) am interested also in these ones:

Jaycie Phelps - USA
Handspring 1/2-1/2 front layout

Nikolina Tankusheva - Bulgaria
Yurchenko 3/4 - 1/1 back layout

Denise Lopez - Mexico
Yurchenko 1/2 on – front 1/2 layout

Mirela Peneva - Bulgaria
Yurchenko 1/2 on - front 1/1 salto tucked

Alena Polozkova - Belarus
Cuervo stretched

Malgorzata Mroz - Poland
Yurchenko 1/2+1/2 front salto tucked

A lot of these are taken from old Codes, so I don’t think it matters which ones might be recognized now or not.

Ah, thanks, I’m also interested to know who first performed these vault in a FIG competition where the FIG would recognize them as the first. But the more historical answers are also intertesting!

I’m bummed the McIntosh was removed from the COP since it was already in the code but unnamed. She was one of the few that really kept that layout position post flight, little soft knees but did not pike down.

Last edited:
The Phelps vault was removed from the code because of its overuse from 1997-2000 and because a lot of gymnasts (Amanar) were cheating it.

It’s so odd that someone who could do a two and a half twisting yurchenko, was competing a cheated Phelps for a large chunk of her career

Was there anyone who wasn’t? The only one I remember from the period that was decent was Adrienn Varga in 98, and I wouldn’t bet my life that she was doing it how it was written.

Produnova technically did it correctly, but her form was bad so it always looked strange.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back