Adverts query

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

MaryClare

Defender
Is it just me, or has the site started to have a large number of ads in the past week or so? I never noticed before, it’s extremely annoying and makes the site almost unreadable on a phone

Reactions: Dex
I will check on them.

There is a NO AD option here…

[space create GIF] The site is already a great success. Thank you to everyone for joining! Moving forward the site will be supported by ads… OR… by you… read on… For only $20/year you can become a Gymnaverse Defender. This annual membership will entitle you to a cool “Defender Rocket Ship” flair on your avatar as well as NO ADS in the forum area. https://gymnaverse.com/account/upgrades

Last edited:
I was also surprised when adverts started appearing for me during US nationals. Was about to ask if this was a mistake until I found this thread about it expiring 🤦‍♀️ Now off to go and buy another year…

A suggestion: I just signed up for Defender (yay!) but I had a really hard time locating a link to do so (I missed the one upthread). It might be a great idea to add a direct link to one of the tool bars at the top or bottom of the page, or even when you click the Defender icon under someone's user name on their individual posts.

Especially with Olympic Trials and Olympics coming up with new (or old) members they may want to sign up to go ad free.

The defender link doesn't work for me:
1718669096956.png

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back