2024 Core Hydration Classic

2024 US Classic: Hartford

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Usually way fewer gymnasts do AA at classics during an Olympic year. I’m assuming Gabby will, at least.

When is podium training?
If Gabby hopes to compete at nationals as an AAer, she needs to do AA here and meet the qualifying score. In the past, it was very rare to have an AA petition approved if you did AA at Classics and missed the score. That's why you'd see so many gymnasts show readiness on a couple of events and then petition to compete AA at nationals. It's almost certainly the route Suni Lee is once again taking--if she doesn't end up competing AA at nationals, no biggie, but the option will be available (this is what she did last year, too).

Last edited:
Is anyone here going?
I had planned on it. But the ticket prices are INSANITY. Nothing good was left after the club sales.

My friend's daughter is going with her gym club.

From what I understand from her 75% of the tickets sold were through club??

I had planned on it. But the ticket prices are INSANITY. Nothing good was left after the club sales.

My friend's daughter is going with her gym club.

From what I understand from her 75% of the tickets sold were through club??
Ah, too bad. But I get it.

I don't know the proportions, but from what I recall, almost all the lower section tickets went to the clubs.

I paid the stupid price on the basis that it'll probably never be closer than it is this year. Given the stacked lineup, I reckon it'll be worth it - once.
It is why I decided to go for trials. With any luck, Simone, Suni, and Gabby will be there. Plus Shi, maybe Trinity, Jordan and Jade. It might be my last chance to see Simone compete if she retires after this quad. I regret never seeing Michelle Kwan skate live, not gonna miss this chance (fingers crossed, please everyone stay healthy...)

I thought about going to classic as I know people in the area who would have housed me for free, but decided to go to trials instead.

It is why I decided to go for trials. With any luck, Simone, Suni, and Gabby will be there. Plus Shi, maybe Trinity, Jordan and Jade. It might be my last chance to see Simone compete if she retires after this quad. I regret never seeing Michelle Kwan skate live, not gonna miss this chance (fingers crossed, please everyone stay healthy...)

I thought about going to classic as I know people in the area who would have housed me for free, but decided to go to trials instead.
That's fair. But Trials would have meant a flight for me, and with two days of competition, that means more hotels - way beyond my budget. But Classic is an overnight trip. And given that the biggest elite meet I've attended is Gymnix, Classic will be INSANE.

That's fair. But Trials would have meant a flight for me, and with two days of competition, that means more hotels - way beyond my budget. But Classic is an overnight trip. And given that the biggest elite meet I've attended is Gymnix, Classic will be INSANE.
Listen, Classics will be over the top exciting this year. And possibly determinative of what's to come in ways not entirely predictable right now. I think its great you will be there.

This is off topic but it brought up a memory I had almost forgotten.

In 2002, my then boyfriend offered to take me to Champions on Ice/Stars on Ice when it came to town later in the summer. I so wanted to see Michelle skate (and she would have been skating to Fields of Gold 😭) but I knew deep down that we would be broken up by the time to tour came to town so I turned down his offer.

I'm glad you are taking this opportunity to see Suni, Gabby, Simone, Jade . . .

I should have Air BnB'd our spare bedroom and our office to US Classic goers.
3 minutes from Bradley Airport.
20 minutes to Xcel Center on highway.
30 minutes to Xcel Center back roads. (Which is the better way to go since the exits off i91 and i84 are going to be insane with traffic).

The money to be made on the Air BnB would have paid for a ticket!

Why am I just thinking of this now??

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back