2024 Olympic Games: WAG Podium Training: Thursday, July 25

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Chellsie's gotta teach Hezly how to get some pop in her double pike dismount on beam. Ankle cruncher of a landing for her.

It's the start of my weekend and I am up at my usual time as if I'm going to work. The things I do for gymnastics.

Feed on Peacock is up. As I suspected, the US ladies are wearing the firework leo for PT. The cameraman seems to think an extreme closeup of Simone's face is warranted.
Just have to work on their extreme close ups so you can see the "fire in her eyes" while not catching what the athlete is actually doing.

I misread the time and set my alarm for five. This not-morning-person has regerts.

Beats my 0330 time for the alarm to go off.

The shoulder firework explosion is growing on me, it is the mesh opposite sleeve that is throwing me off. I think if it was solid like the bottoms, it would add some much needed negative space. Eh, the neckline is bad too--not high but not low...okay, my feelings are mixed.

I’m still so worried about Kinsella and the Amanar. If she gets injured it will just be devastating.
If she gets injured they'll probably still end up using her on bars and beam.... but I know what you mean. It's worrying in a way that Ruby's isn't. One of those things that could go very well for her or very badly. Which sums up the position for the team as a whole really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick shot of the Italian team waiting to go to bars, all with limbs still intact after VT/FX thankfully.

If she gets injured they'll probably still end up using her on bars and beam.... but I know what you mean. It's worrying in a way that Ruby's isn't. One of those things that could go very well for her or very badly. Which sums up the position for the team as a whole really.
It is kinda like Suni-- you want her to do her best stuff and get her best score but you also want her wrapped in bubblewrap.

Wish Jordan had gotten a 2.5. Suni's dty looked pretty floaty--or was it an fty?

Significantly less crashing on vt than the us men yesterday...

Suni struggled on beam but then she took out the LO mount and only did one LO after the side ariel and she looked good.

Jade downgraded to a DLO 2nd pass on floor, a tucked full-in third pass, and a DTY instead of 2.5 as her 2nd vault. Not sure if something was just bothering her today and she held back or if this is the plan.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back