2024 NCAA Week 7: 02/12/24-02/18/24

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

irichluck21

Staff member
Defender
Wednesday, February 14
6:30 pmIthaca College @ Cortland State - Live Stats | Video (Free)
Thursday, February 15
8:00 pmArizona State @ Arizona - Live Stats | Video (Pac 12)

Two routines to track down from tonight's meet hosted by GWU: Isabella Minervini (Towson) 9.975 on bars, and Kendall Whitman (GWU) 9.95 floor. Both were absolutely superb.

Two routines to track down from tonight's meet hosted by GWU: Isabella Minervini (Towson) 9.975 on bars, and Kendall Whitman (GWU) 9.95 floor. Both were absolutely superb.
I hope Whitman can qualify to NCAAs as an individual. Her 2/1 punch layout is phenomenal.

Schoenherr had perhaps the best bar routine of her career last night. I thought for sure she'd get her 10. I think that was LSU's most realistically judged meet. They went 198.3 without McClain on bars, Johnson on floor, and with Haleigh Bryant ever so slightly off her game.

I thought Florida was evaluated a little more loosely for a near 198 at the Mizzou quad. Titarsolej's bars was exquisite.

With a season high at Metroplex tonight - not unlikely - OU could record the 2nd highest NQS in history before NQS rankings even come out. They set the current top 2 in 2022 and 2023.

Last edited:
I didn't watch, but NC State going 197.575? That sounds like the sort of silly scoring from the unseen Tennessee meet.

I didn't watch, but NC State going 197.575? That sounds like the sort of silly scoring from the unseen Tennessee meet.
Definitely, though NCSU did have some strong performances. Clemson got a 196 with a counting fall on two events. So probably the Tennessee judges migrated to Carolina.

NC State's score is their 2nd highest of all time and Emily Shepard's 39.750 is the highest AA score.

This week.

ETA- It goes into effect this week for certain teams that have enough scores toward NQS, but RTN standings have left it as average this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob
Regionals are going to be brutal.
After week 7, seeded teams (not counting NQS)

Arkansas Regional
1 Oklahoma
8 Michigan State
9 UCLA
16 Arkansas

Florida Regional
4 Utah
5 Florida
12 Auburn
13 Missouri

California Regional
3 California
6 Kentucky
11 Michigan 10 Alabama
14 Ohio State

Michigan Regional
2 LSU
7 Denver
10 Alabama 11 Michigan
15 Minnesota

Granted there could be some upsets and unseeded teams are dangerous.
The rest of the PAC 12 teams all could provide an upset, and Georgia is at 18th. Clemson and NC State look strong. Iowa State has rebounded drastically, and Maryland, Nebraska, Iowa Illinois, Penn State could all potentially make a regional final.

Last 4 in:
33 Boise State
34 Western Michigan
35 San Jose State
36 Southern Utah

First 4 out:
37 Kent State
38 Illinois State
39 Towson
40 Central Michigan

Last edited:
As that stands, Gainesville regional would be the most likely to go chalk. The other 3 regionals all would be competitive for that last nationals spot.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back