2024 NCAA Week 4: 01/22/24-01/28/24

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

irichluck21

Staff member
Defender
Thursday, January 25
6:00 pmPenn State @ Rutgers - Live Stats | Video (BTN)

UK's 197.95 is Friday's highest score. Worley got her first 10. UGA really needed last night to have been a higher score. They only have 3 road meets left.

I don't know why Jay isn't resting Finnegan if she's dealing with a wrist issue. Wasn't that the point of super sizing the roster? Mizzou looked amazing through the first two. I'm surprised LSU wasn't able to capitalize on Mizzou's rough last half. Konnor's beam was a highlight.

Wouldn't it be crazy if Arkansas, Kentucky, and Missouri all found themselves in the night session of SEC? I don't remember any year the SEC was wide open to win the conference title.

Nice to see UCLA finally putting together a strong meet, and I thought they showed a lot of grit to not fall apart after having falls in the first half. And their landings on vault were SO drastically improved from last week. The only real negative was the fever dream floor scoring, but eh, I'll deal with it.

UCLA has definitely improved on vault. 4 10.0 starts and capable of maybe 1 more.
Campbell's FTY is exquisite as always.

Chae's full is as valuable as a 1.5 given her execution. So they really just need one more 10.

And a lot more consistency on beam and bars.

The SEC this year is definitely having a year where it's wide open. It's going to be fun to see who might be able to steal a championship. This is the last year where its going to be possible for Arky, Mizzou and Kentucky to break through, at least for awhile so I am kinda pulling for one of them to do it.

I still see LSU as the top team, but idk, 4 meets in, and you are starting to become who you are. Is there such a thing as too much talent? Kentucky is right there and the most consistent of all SEC teams, although I dont think their ceiling is high enough for a national title. Then Bama, Mizzou, Arky and just slightly behind is Fla. If they can get the freshman stabilized and just a little more consistency from Hurd they can compete with anyone in the SEC. Auburn and bringing up the rear is Georgia round them out. Idk, what to say about Georgia.

Its still Oklahoma's world and a race to who gets second place, but I am getting very excited about Cal. If they continue, who knows?

LSU should be the top team, but despite all of the talent and difficulty, they can't seem to get it together.
We have seen them rise to the occasion like in 2023, and also fail miserably, 2022.

So who knows what team will show up. OR which injuries will pop up. I worry for Finnegan making it to Paris in one piece. Her wrist injury frightens me and having her in the line ups when it is not necessary is not a good move IMO. She is someone you want to conserve and save for March and post-season.

I think Kentucky at peak is right there with LSU at peak, especially as the freshman for Kentucky get more confident. Delaynee Rodriguez is a game changer for UK and having her lead off the team on all 4 events is a huge asset. Cecily Rizzo and Creslyn Prose are absolutely valuable on the events they contribute on. They are even stronger than they were last year when they finished 6th at NCAAs.

LSU should be the top team, but despite all of the talent and difficulty, they can't seem to get it together.
We have seen them rise to the occasion like in 2023, and also fail miserably, 2022.

So who knows what team will show up. OR which injuries will pop up. I worry for Finnegan making it to Paris in one piece. Her wrist injury frightens me and having her in the line ups when it is not necessary is not a good move IMO. She is someone you want to conserve and save for March and post-season.

I think Kentucky at peak is right there with LSU at peak, especially as the freshman for Kentucky get more confident. Delaynee Rodriguez is a game changer for UK and having her lead off the team on all 4 events is a huge asset. Cecily Rizzo and Creslyn Prose are absolutely valuable on the events they contribute on. They are even stronger than they were last year when they finished 6th at NCAAs.
Having Finnegan vault with a wrist injury is absolutely baffling on a team that had 10+ 10.0 vaults in pre-season.

Having Finnegan vault with a wrist injury is absolutely baffling on a team that had 10+ 10.0 vaults in pre-season.
It also takes away the competition experience opportunity from other team members they may need later in the season. Given the injury situation last year - I would think they might want to rest their top athletes more and test out the less experienced team members in the early season.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back