2023 Xfinity Nationals Junior WAG Day 2 discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Did any juniors end up doing 2 vaults?
I was pretty sure that Juniors were required to show two vaults. They can be from the same vault family though.
So you could do a FTY and a Yurchenko Layout or DTY and FTY.

There is talk that the Seniors will also have to do two vaults starting in 2025, not sure if from different families.

Stassi’s the only one that has both days, so she’s gonna be alone on the vault podium?

The announcer said it was required to be eligible for vault medals only. They’re gonna have a bunch of extra medals sitting around.

Last edited:
Agree completely. As I said up thread, there’s a massive gulf in presentation and presentation between the big elite gyms and the others

They were doing that for the guys, not sure why the women aren’t getting any replays.

I mean, yea it’s super busy and hard to follow, but why offer it for training if we’re gonna see 1/8th of the routines during the competition?

I appreciate that Esponda keeps her legs together in both phases of her Maloney.

I like Snyder’s leo minus the mesh(?) on the back. Great color.

Way to just completely miss your gymnasts that was so obviously a mile away from the bar, Evegeny. Jesus. Lucky Bradford didn’t get hurt.

Is there a deduction for having to kip out on the low bar after pirouettes besides handstand angle?

this floor music… Anaconda into whatchu know 'bout me?? very trendy

and Blake, there is no deduction for that. Seems compositionally wrong but it’s fine

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back