2023 Xfinity Nationals Junior WAG Day 2 discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

What a save! I really dislike her back tuck technique.

I’m really liking this group of juniors. Some strong potential in the future.

Last edited:
At junior level you really notice a gulf in the levels of preparation between those from the big elite gyms where coaches do this every year, and the gymnasts who are their gym’s only elite

12.85 for Esponda’s beam?? Seems really high to me. The top junior score is Rivera’s 13.75, no way those two routines are the same quality if Reese hadn’t had those mistakes.

Last edited:
Plus Esponda’s gym had never had an elite. Very few elites even from this region.

I don’t remember how many/if there were any in her gym before Jordan Chiles. She was in Vancouver WA. And Shilese in Auburn WA. There was a good Level 10 from Spearfish South Dakota who got a scholarship but I don’t think she went elite.

Last edited:
There doesn’t seem to be much support from the program for gyms without much elite experience. Seems like they have to learn by trial and error which puts them at a big disadvantage and vulnerable to gym transfers

Last edited:
Parker off the beam.

I’m so glad we get to watch Saltzmann’s barely laid out Tsuk. Eye rolll. ETA::she only got credit for a Tsuk pike.

Last edited:
Can se at least get a frickin’ replay while we are watching standing around?

I don’t like how that gymnast’s knee buckled on her double pike dismount from UB

There’s something about an in-bar tkatchev that I love.

The vocals in Rivera’s music adds nothing.

Oof, shades of Nastia in '07 on that dismount for Rivera.

Bui’s got a great stretch position in her FTY.

Appreciate the straight body casts from Damelio, but they’re rough. Nice double front.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back