2023 World Championship Leotards Review

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The red US leo from day 1 EF would have been beautiful, but the explosion of rhinestones across the upper bodice and shoulders wrecked it. Just too much.
Agreed, it looked like a spider web.

And you rarely see yellow Leo’s. Gorgeous!
They did a GREAT job with that leo. Sporty but still sparkly, the ombre was really pretty.

Eons better that the late 80s Soviet “banana leo”!

Last edited:
I just wished I could get a better pic of that Brazil leo so I could decide whether it’s a yellow-yellow or a greenish, neon yellow. It’s one of those things that’s hard to gauge from online pics.

Also, note to China: the red lipstick doesn’t make your girls look older, just kind of… washed out and sickly. Lose it next time.
In person it appeared to me as a bright canary yellow.

I appreciated the MAG leotards too, they reminded me of the 1996 leotards. Not exact, exact, but just made me think of Atlanta.

Love it!

Seriously I love it more each time I see it.
I don’t know, don’t you think it could use a dog collar/choker at the neckline and some stomach cutouts to spice it up?.. 😉

I don’t know, don’t you think it could use a dog collar/choker at the neckline and some stomach cutouts to spice it up?.. 😉
Yes, some stomach cutouts would help, and a high, choker-collar would make some interweaving bungee-back-straps possible!

I honestly really liked the yellow, it was like a burst of sunshine on them, but I very much disliked the cut and rhinestone pattern. It drew too much attention to the leo.

I hated the red USA leo for EF day 1. It looked like it pulled them backwards round the neck and there was an odd bit of red at the front neck which looked like the lining had come undone. Way too much vomit sparkles on it too.

The purple one I loved.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back