2022 World Gymnastics Championships MAG Qualifications (Monday 10/31)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Looks like Turkey had a bit of a disaster on pommel horse, 15th of the 18 teams there so far. Euros AA silver medalist Ahmet Onder scored 9.966 and then scratched rings. And now their vault isn’t great either.

Would be such perfect timing too. This is the closest to a home worlds he’s ever likely to get.

Turkey need about 40 on high bar to have any chance of the team final. They’ve started with an 11.

Turkey are out.

Top 8 with one subdivision to go are Japan, GB, USA, China, Italy, Spain, Brazil, South Korea.

Only team that has a chance to disrupt that is France and it’ll be tight.
Good for Italy, they have drastically improved in the last few years. They last qualified for the Olympics in 2011, so if they have a similar performance next year they will have a full team in Paris.

Highlight has to be Egypt.
They are currently 13th!!! So the worst they could finish would be 17th which is a massive shift up the standings. I don’t know that Australia or Belgium can beat their score, so they should stay in the top 15. France and Hungary can both pass Egypt.

Anyone else have the live scoring broken for all around and team?

Still working for me. (The Liverpool site version that is, not the FIG one)

Pretty sure France won’t make it, but Hungary might be close.

Bummer. Heath Thorpe has issues on floor
7.600 e score and .1 oob

Hungary need 41.2 on vault in the last rotation. They scored 41.9 and 42.2 at Euros.

What is the situation with France? What happened to them?

13.733 average needed for Hungary
13.166 first vault

Hungary needs 14.017 from the next two men vaults to make it.

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 6.34.34 PM

Even when it was just down to Meszaros either of the scores he got at Euros would have been enough, but it’s yet another fall. Sums up the whole competition so far really.

France finish 14th.

A day to forget for a lot of teams.

Last edited:
Re: China - it will party depend on what’s up with Sun Wei.

I would expect them to improve

What is everyone’s pick for most underrated routine from today?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back