2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 2 (Sunday 11/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

It’s not like Jess is sticking all her passes, though.
Jade can’t control that. She can control her own landings.

The artistry didn’t end up being the biggest hurdle for her this competition. It was tumbling and leaps. She doesn’t have the D-score advantage she had last quad. She needs to be cleaner.

I’m tired of the suggestion to downgrade tumbling. It’s ridiculous that in 2022 that’s even a conversation. This year Jade is doing a double tuck like nearly everyone else even if it is in a combination.

Last edited:
Interview with the twins. Was really struggling in the warm up apparantly.

While Carey certainly has the worst artistry of any world-class gymnast, it’s not like Andrade is some beacon of artistic performance either. She’s nowhere near Saraiva, Gadirova, Andreoli, etc. (Although I know this is subjective!)

Oregon should definitely work with Jade on her dance elements and being more expressive.

Malone certainly has a shot at a medal, especially on an unpredictable event like HB when many gymnasts will go all out for EF, with some mistakes sure to happen.

I thought Carey’s tumbling was extraordinary today. The Moors seemed a little less pikey. She’s certainly getting lots of artistry deductions

Jade had some body posture on landings today that I don’t normally take. Explains the 2 ish tenths lower in E.

What was the D lowered from and to?

I’m tired of the suggestion to downgrade tumbling. It’s ridiculous that in 2022 that’s even a conversation. This year Jade is doing a double tuck like nearly everyone else even if it is in a combination.
Unfortunately, that is key to this code.

Well, it’s stupid, and I don’t think it’s going to change. Floor routines are becoming compulsory becuase of the micromanaging.

Last edited:
As @irichluck21 said earlier in the thread, your full-in has to be perfect to be worth more than a double tuck. A low chest or a hop on the landing and you’ve lost not only the difficulty difference, but take a hit to the E-score.

Andrade absolutely has better artistry than Gadirova in her best performances of that routine. There’s more maturity and command of the space, the movements are more dynamic and refined, like someone who has actually experienced what a hot summer dance is. Gadirova is very energetic, but there is not much expressed by her performance, no relevant life perspective.

Last edited:
QLEOZnl.png

As @irichluck21 said earlier in the thread, your full-in has to be perfect to be worth more than a double tuck. A low chest or a hop on the landing and you’ve lost not only the difficulty difference, but take a hit to the E-score.
Thank you.

Unless they change the values in the COP, a full in is an E element and the double tuck/pike are both worth a D.
That is literally a .1 difference, which is easily erased with a landing deduction or execution deduction on the full twist.

A full in is more than .1 harder than a double tuck/pike. I hate the code. They need to look at the difference between D and E elements. I don’t think a full in is an F.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back