2021 Worlds Rosters and PREDICTIONS (added 10/14)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

We don’t know for sure yet, I think the Day 2 lineups are still a few hours away. But we have footage of her doing 3 events in podium training and she was standing on the vault podium with Melnikova and Vorona while Minaeva wasn’t up. So it’s looking that way. Plus in that field even an FTY would probably leave her a bronze contender.

AA
  1. Melnikova
  2. Urazova
  3. Wei Xiaoyan
V
  1. Andrade
  2. Devillard
  3. Qi Qi
UB
  1. Wei Xiaoyan
  2. Luo Rui
  3. Minaeva
BB
  1. Luo Rui
  2. Li Shijia
  3. Ting Hua-tien
FX
  1. Murakami
  2. Melnikova
  3. Dunno

Confused as to why few here are anticipating anyone but Li Shijia from team CHN doing well on BB. Wei Xiaoyuan could be 2 time World champ in a matter of weeks.
So I was right about China getting only 1 in on beam, but wrong about the gymnast!

Li Shijia and Wei Xiaoyuan both get PT medals for their beam routines
giphy.webp

AA
Melnikova
Di Cello
urazova

VT
Andrade
Geurts
Melnikova

UB
Andrade
Melnikova
Kovacs

BB
Schaffer
Melnikova
Luo Rui

FX
Murakami
Melnikova
Wong

Even if this is a watered-down Worlds, I’d love to see:
  1. Andrade recognized for her gorgeous UB routine, which has great and different composition (nearly perfect; I’d love to see an el-grip 1/1 into the Jaeger, and DLO 1/1 DMT in a perfect world).
  2. Melnikova end up with a diverse collection of World medals after struggling with consistency for so long; a VT, UB, BB medal here + another AA/FX medal, would help ease the pain of the potential she had in 2016-2018, even if her BB is a skeleton of what it once was.
  3. Wong hit in all of her finals, and come away with at least 1 medal; she was so mismanaged and this is an exciting opportunity for her to shine.

We just never thought we’d love to see her fulfil her potential. Gymnature is healing. Although this was the same olympics that gave us the ultimate paradox: akhaimova Olympic champion vs Komova no Olympic gold 🤯

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back