2020 Olympics: Non- Gymnastics Discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I just found out the modern pentathlon is a thing, and now I’m so curious to check it out on August 5th.
It’s a great sport for anyone who wants to be a good overall athlete. I find the horse jumping part to be hard to watch though. Modern pentathletes don’t train enough to have a strong command of randomly assigned horses.

I read somebody suggesting the MP needs to be rebranded as a “tetrathlon”, as shooting was combined with the cross country run for a “laser run”. That part kind of irks me, because I like to watch straight up XC running, but it could be an interesting event.

Eager for the climbing, too.

Plus, I need to watch the rest of the sailing. That was pretty addictive, even with the small boats.

I think you are literally the first person I’ve ever heard say they watched the sailing, @MLSWAG . I’ve watched the canoe/kayak and the rowing, but never have seen the sailing.

Surfing was also interesting. Apparently the surfing event for Paris 2024 will be held in Tahiti.

It’s wonderful. I’ve seen it many times but it doesn’t get old. That triple jump final was great as well.

I’ve enjoyed the BMX park and all the mixed relays.

Sport climbing starts in a bit over 2h. Hoping I don’t conk out. Been looking forward to that for a while.

Last edited:
It’s pouring rain during these hurdles heats I am watching and I am astounded that more of these ladies aren’t faceplanting. That track is super wet. Regular hurdles are hard enough, so I am amazed they aren’t all slowing down.

I missed it apparently, but wasn’t there some steeplechasing tonight? That would be vicious on a track like that.

I was watching the sportclimbing, but then I lost the feed and now I can’t even find it anymore. Not really loving NBC’s olympic site.

Last edited:
TIL: There are cute little remote control cars that fetch the discus and hammer balls back to the throwing ring.

The women’s 15,000 (1500? I am so bad with numbers) swim was mindblowing. Dad and I wondered the whole time how they keep track of their laps, much less keep swimming that long.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back