2020 Olympics: Non- Gymnastics Discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’m getting too old for this getting up early to watch gymnastics and staying up late to watch swimming stuff…but you don’t see me stopping! (well, okay, probably not getting up for men’s AA so best wishes to the competitors)

Well, the USA didn’t even medal in the men’s 4x200 meter freestyle relay, so I’m not sure gymnastics was my biggest shocker today.

I’m going to ask my Australian friend to send me a few of these.

That sounds intriguing.

Swimming overall has been amazing.

Ooh, I guess there was drama at the pool when the US and British silver and bronze medalists danced around the issue of doping with the not!Russian glod medalist there. I don’t follow swimming close enough to know if Rylov’s win was out of left field or not, but it definitely caused a stir.

Also, nbcs coverage sucks. I just want them to go through showing random sports and all the streams I’ve found (so far) are on the soccer game. Like, where do they compile the track and rowing stuff I missed while sleeping? I’m fine with highlights

Last edited:
I’ve had trouble with the streams. Plus, all these highlights shows make me want to see the whole event (which is probably on those webstreams that I am having trouble with).

Well, I don’t really trust the Russian swimmers either, but I think at this point US might be making excuses for a relatively mediocre showing. Not to mention, I’m also really pissed about Michael Andrew who is unvaccinated and apparently wasn’t wearing a mask during the mixed zone. Honestly, I’m glad he didn’t medal.

Ryan Murphy claims his comments were generally about the state of anti-doping measures in swimming and not about Russia. They’re still fairly bold comments since doping is common among American swimmers.

Last edited:
I really admire anyone who is a rower. It looks brutal just in the 1-seaters, but in all the other ones, add to that the have that everybody has to try to be in synch on stroke rate and other issues. I really want to go to a meet someday. My city has a huge one, but transport is always an issue. It’s one of the west’s biggest, and it’s mostly university (varsity and club) plus high school, and rowing clubs.

Is he the swimmer who had guilliqn barre and became paralyzed as a child? If so I believe that is likely why he is not vaccinated.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back