Worlds Qualifying: 2022 Asian Championships, Doha, Qatar June 15-18

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

China clearly sent their B-team for the men’s competition. The only veteran with major experience here is Lin Chaopan, who is not really considered a star anymore. That said, I think a couple of these guys were at 2021 Worlds (which China sent the B team, too, except Zhang Boheng, who really should have gone to the Olympics in one of the most ridiculous scandals in years)

Japan, too, it seems…

Last edited:
LOL, Tang Chia-Hung did a REALLY watered down 5.4 D-score high bar routine, but scored 8.667 to qualify 2nd anyway.

Of course, he’s one of the major players on high bar, and his hard routine is not only cool but beautiful:

Last edited:

Japanese floor oof. They counted a 10.0 and dropped a 9.9

WAG AA podium was

Zhang Jin 55.400
Tang Xijing 53.967
Lee Yunseo 53.633

Miyata Shoko was the top Japanese finisher in 4th with 53.033, looks like the only one who didn’t fall on floor. Overnight leader Wei Xiaoyuan did not compete on day 2.

I think the individual worlds qualifying spots are as follows:

Aida Bauyrzhanova (KAZ) 48.834
Rifda Irfanaluthfi (INA) 48.734
Milka Gehani (SRI) 47.999
Dildora Aripova (UZB) 47.934
Nadine Joy Nathan (SGP) 47.766
Ominakhon Khalilova (UZB) 46.434
Korkem Yerbossynkyzy (KAZ) 46.066
Sasiwimon Mueangphuan (THA) 43.667

The Thai gymnast is definitely lucky to qualify with that score, with Vietnam, Malaysia and Philippines WAG all absent who could/should have qualified. Four of the top six gymnasts who finished ahead of her at the Southeast Asian games were absent from this competition. But you can only beat the competition that shows up on the day.

India miss out, their top scorer Ruthuja Nataraj (who competes for Illinois in NCAA) finishing on 42.534. They will have gymnasts qualify for individual apparatus through the World Cup.

WOW! 15.2+ for Jordan’s Ahmad Abu al-Soud on pommels. That’s a huge score from someone that I doubt most of us have heard of.

I just looked him up – he fell in qualifications 3 World Championships in a row 2017, 2018, 2019. Not sure about 2021.

Lee Chih-Kai must have fallen…

Last edited:
Day 1 Apparatus Finals (men and women)
Yeo won vault, but not by nearly as much as she should have, as her second first vault was watered down. Not sure what happened to Chuso…
Wei Xiaoyuan won bars, with Tang in 2nd.
Yulo won floor by a lot over Kim Han-Sol
Lan Xingyu (the world champion) won rings. Even with a 0.5 neutral deduction. What was that for?!?!?
As I mentioned above, the Jordanian guy won pommel horse (handily).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nVubDSH16_RElS8YqNlc1c_zleTxd-N2/view

Last edited:
Chuso fell on her first vault. 7.4 E score.

Rudi and DTY. Did they downgrade the DTY?

not an actual fall but, tomato/tomahto

if it was a fall wouldn’t it show a 1.0 penalty? Or do they not show those there?

if it was a fall wouldn’t it show a 1.0 penalty?
No a fall is part of the execution deduction. Only neutral deductions would be shown, like in Chuso’s second vault, she stepped out of the tram lines.

Sorry — I should have said first vault. She only did the Rudi, not the front double full.

(I also keep forgetting that all vault D-scores were decreased again.)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back